Nominations are being taken for ‘prestigious’ business awards
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are now being taken as a town’s “prestigious” business awards will return for its second year, promising an even bigger and better event.
Thetford Business Awards is back for another year, and the community are once again being encouraged to nominate small and independent businesses in the town who they believe deserve recognition for their hard work.
It is a chance for individuals or organisations to attend a night celebrating Thetford's best, with the possibility of winning in the category they have been nominated for.
The founders will decide on the finalists for the awards ceremony and black tie event which will take place on May 22, at Thetford golf club, where the nominees and sponsors will be able to enjoy a night of entertainment with special guests, including Sir Henry Bellingham, and hosted by magician to the stars, Paul Martin.
Last year Ryan Foster, owner of Foster Electrical Services, in Thetford, was nominated for employer of the year and won. This year he is sponsoring the same category. He said: "Being a local boy it was something I wanted to be a part of. It's nice to celebrate the good things in the town and in all honesty I didn't expect to win anything.
"I don't go out to win awards I just want to run a successful business, but it's nice to be recognised. I started my business on my own and have tried to build it. Thetford is improving but there is too much negativity about the town so it's nice when we celebrate what is good about it."
Gez Chetal, owner of the Thomas Paine Hotel and awards organiser, said: "It was our first event last year and it was a great success and now it's only getting bigger. We have had to change the location of the awards ceremony to Thetford golf club because its a larger venue because of the demand for tables.
- 1 Anger as 'rollercoaster' appears at bottom of woman's garden
- 2 'Could have caused explosion': Eco-warrior stops Thetford fire spreading
- 3 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 4 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 5 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 6 Shed left destroyed after garden fire in west Suffolk
- 7 'People won't be able to afford to eat' - Locals warn Truss on living costs
- 8 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 9 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 10 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
"It's a prestigious event done with the smaller independent businesses and the one man bands in mind, recognising their hard work in Thetford and hopefully it will carry on for generations."
Nominations can be submitted on the Thetford and Brandon Times' online site and tickets for the event will go on sale for £37.50 or a table of ten for £350, on Friday November 1, at the Leaping Hare tourist information centre, in-store or online.