Nominations are being taken for ‘prestigious’ business awards
- Credit: Archant
Nominations are now being taken as a town’s “prestigious” business awards will return for its second year, promising an even bigger and better event.
Thetford Business Awards is back for another year, and the community are once again being encouraged to nominate small and independent businesses in the town who they believe deserve recognition for their hard work.
It is a chance for individuals or organisations to attend a night celebrating Thetford's best, with the possibility of winning in the category they have been nominated for.
The founders will decide on the finalists for the awards ceremony and black tie event which will take place on May 22, at Thetford golf club, where the nominees and sponsors will be able to enjoy a night of entertainment with special guests, including Sir Henry Bellingham, and hosted by magician to the stars, Paul Martin.
Last year Ryan Foster, owner of Foster Electrical Services, in Thetford, was nominated for employer of the year and won. This year he is sponsoring the same category. He said: "Being a local boy it was something I wanted to be a part of. It's nice to celebrate the good things in the town and in all honesty I didn't expect to win anything.
You may also want to watch:
"I don't go out to win awards I just want to run a successful business, but it's nice to be recognised. I started my business on my own and have tried to build it. Thetford is improving but there is too much negativity about the town so it's nice when we celebrate what is good about it."
Gez Chetal, owner of the Thomas Paine Hotel and awards organiser, said: "It was our first event last year and it was a great success and now it's only getting bigger. We have had to change the location of the awards ceremony to Thetford golf club because its a larger venue because of the demand for tables.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
"It's a prestigious event done with the smaller independent businesses and the one man bands in mind, recognising their hard work in Thetford and hopefully it will carry on for generations."
Nominations can be submitted on the Thetford and Brandon Times' online site and tickets for the event will go on sale for £37.50 or a table of ten for £350, on Friday November 1, at the Leaping Hare tourist information centre, in-store or online.