Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- Credit: Chris Bishop
A number of areas in Thetford have become flooded due to heavy rain.
From 5pm fire services were called to a spate of flooding incidents on local roads and pathways across the town.
Most of the flooding is on Elm Way and St John's Way, where fire crews from Thetford, Earlham, Attleborough and Methwold have been providing services and offering advice, however most incidents are thought to be minor at the moment.
At around 6:20pm crews were called to two properties on Minstergate draining water from two flooded properties with a major pump.
One fire officer also attended reports of a dangerous structure on Gloucester Way.
You may also want to watch:
There have also been incidents of flooding on Ford Place, Canons Walk, Laburnum Grove, Salisbury Way, Fellowes Close, Pine Close, St Martins Way and Sloane Way.
It comes after the Met Office issued a yellow weather warning in the area saying thunderstorms will lead to spray and sudden flooding and could make for difficult driving conditions on major and minor roads.
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award