X-Ray department reopens at community hospital
- Credit: Archant
A department of a community hospital in Thetford has been reopened and is being run by a new provider.
The X-Ray department at the Thetford Healthy Living Centre closed in 2017.
Following the closure, NHS South Norfolk Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG), which commissions the service, approached West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust to be the new provider.
After a successful recruitment drive the service reponed at the end of July.
Nigel Beeton, imaging services manager at West Suffolk NHS Foundation Trust, said: “I’m really glad we’ve been able to help reinstate this service for the people of Thetford and the surrounding communities.
“We’re committed to working closely with our community services and having an X-ray department in Thetford will really benefit patients, as some will be able to avoid making a trip to hospital at all, saving them both time and money, and making their care that bit closer to home.”
Working closely with local GPs, the department provides basic X-Rays such as chest, neck, spine, hands and feet.
- 1 Cyclist in her 50s dies in A11 crash
- 2 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 3 'He's done it again!': Bowler's delight after going viral for a second time
- 4 Delays in west Suffolk town after faulty barrier at railway crossing
- 5 Breckland builder dumped toilet cisterns and bathroom items in front garden
- 6 Husband sues hospital over 'medical neglect' death of wife
- 7 A11 reopens after air ambulance called to crash
- 8 Town centre's new café... with a difference
- 9 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
- 10 Man jailed for 'planned revenge attack' on victim
The results are sent to consultant radiologists based at West Suffolk Hospital, Busy St Edmunds, who review the patient’s images and advise on the next steps of care.
Tim Shayes, head of transformation at South Norfolk CCG, said: “I am delighted that we have been able to reinstate this service and demonstrate our commitment as a CCG to developing local services for the people of Thetford and the surrounding area.”