Thetford group sings for hospice care
A DVD of a summer singing performance has raised hundreds of pounds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Thetford Discord singing group performed at the Diss Proms in the Park event in June, singing numbers ranging from the musicals to classical and contemporary tunes.
Their performance was filmed by Will Dickson, initially as a memory for his wife Susanne, who works at the hospice.
However, the results were so good he decided to edit the performance and sell it on DVD to group members. His efforts raised �285 for the hospice.
There are four Discord singing groups, based in Thetford, Attleborough, Diss and Otley.
You may also want to watch:
They are led by Michael Dann, who also leads the Wattisham Military Wives Choir, and are aimed at anyone aged over 16 who enjoys singing.
St Nicholas Hospice Care community fundraiser, Sue Long, said: “Thank you to Will for selling this DVD on our behalf, and thank you to everyone who bought a copy.
- 1 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 2 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 3 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 4 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 5 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 6 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms
- 7 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 Calls for new hardship fund amid Covid impact and tax rise
- 10 'Stay indoors' warning amid flooding fears for Norfolk roads
“The funds raised through this initiative will be put to good use helping the people of West Suffolk and Thetford.