Thetford group sings for hospice care
A DVD of a summer singing performance has raised hundreds of pounds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Thetford Discord singing group performed at the Diss Proms in the Park event in June, singing numbers ranging from the musicals to classical and contemporary tunes.
Their performance was filmed by Will Dickson, initially as a memory for his wife Susanne, who works at the hospice.
However, the results were so good he decided to edit the performance and sell it on DVD to group members. His efforts raised �285 for the hospice.
There are four Discord singing groups, based in Thetford, Attleborough, Diss and Otley.
They are led by Michael Dann, who also leads the Wattisham Military Wives Choir, and are aimed at anyone aged over 16 who enjoys singing.
St Nicholas Hospice Care community fundraiser, Sue Long, said: “Thank you to Will for selling this DVD on our behalf, and thank you to everyone who bought a copy.
- 1 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
- 2 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 3 100 East Anglian events you cannot miss this summer
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 6 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 7 Share of £120,000 cash pot on offer to Breckland groups
- 8 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 9 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
- 10 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
“The funds raised through this initiative will be put to good use helping the people of West Suffolk and Thetford.