Thetford group sings for hospice care
A DVD of a summer singing performance has raised hundreds of pounds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Thetford Discord singing group performed at the Diss Proms in the Park event in June, singing numbers ranging from the musicals to classical and contemporary tunes.
Their performance was filmed by Will Dickson, initially as a memory for his wife Susanne, who works at the hospice.
However, the results were so good he decided to edit the performance and sell it on DVD to group members. His efforts raised �285 for the hospice.
There are four Discord singing groups, based in Thetford, Attleborough, Diss and Otley.
You may also want to watch:
They are led by Michael Dann, who also leads the Wattisham Military Wives Choir, and are aimed at anyone aged over 16 who enjoys singing.
St Nicholas Hospice Care community fundraiser, Sue Long, said: “Thank you to Will for selling this DVD on our behalf, and thank you to everyone who bought a copy.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 4 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 7 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 8 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 9 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 10 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
“The funds raised through this initiative will be put to good use helping the people of West Suffolk and Thetford.