Thetford group sings for hospice care
A DVD of a summer singing performance has raised hundreds of pounds for St Nicholas Hospice Care.
The Thetford Discord singing group performed at the Diss Proms in the Park event in June, singing numbers ranging from the musicals to classical and contemporary tunes.
Their performance was filmed by Will Dickson, initially as a memory for his wife Susanne, who works at the hospice.
However, the results were so good he decided to edit the performance and sell it on DVD to group members. His efforts raised �285 for the hospice.
There are four Discord singing groups, based in Thetford, Attleborough, Diss and Otley.
You may also want to watch:
They are led by Michael Dann, who also leads the Wattisham Military Wives Choir, and are aimed at anyone aged over 16 who enjoys singing.
St Nicholas Hospice Care community fundraiser, Sue Long, said: “Thank you to Will for selling this DVD on our behalf, and thank you to everyone who bought a copy.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
“The funds raised through this initiative will be put to good use helping the people of West Suffolk and Thetford.