How Thetford schools performed on A-level results day
- Credit: Emily Thomson (staff)
There were smiles and tears of joy at Thetford Grammar School as students and their parents opened their highly anticipated A-level results.
All 11 of the schools year 13 pupils have come away with a 100pc pass rate and the majority now look forward to starting university in September.
Kudzi Garikayi, head girl at the grammar school, said: "I got an A* in Biology, an A in Chemistry and an A in Art. I needed three A's to study medicine at the University of East Anglia. I'm so happy. I have worked hard, but I definitely think the stress was worth it."
Matthew Ruddy is going to study computer science at Oxford University. He said: "I got an A* and three A's and I'm very happy about that. I was a bit worried half way through because I really didn't feel like I was going to do it but I got what I needed so I'm really happy."
Teachers were thrilled to see that their students achieved the results they wanted, with 92pc achieving A* to C.
You may also want to watch:
Michael Brewer, head of Thetford Grammar, said: "We are really thrilled with the results and yet again we have got a 100pc pass rate, with our top end percentages up on last year.
"We will be incredibly sorry to see them leave they have been a lovely year group and have been at this school for many years and even been at the school since they have been four or five years old.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 10 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
"I'm sure are all going to do things that are going to make us all very proud in the future. But in the short term they should enjoy the success that they deserve."
Thetford Academy also celebrated a successful results day, with 50pc of their pupils achieving A* to C grades, and 90pc achieving A* to E. Dan Carter, head of the academy said: "'I would like to congratulate our year 13 students on their successes today.
"There are some impressive and well deserved individual results, reflecting the hard work of students and the support of their families and our staff."