How Thetford schools performed on A-level results day
- Credit: Emily Thomson (staff)
There were smiles and tears of joy at Thetford Grammar School as students and their parents opened their highly anticipated A-level results.
All 11 of the schools year 13 pupils have come away with a 100pc pass rate and the majority now look forward to starting university in September.
Kudzi Garikayi, head girl at the grammar school, said: "I got an A* in Biology, an A in Chemistry and an A in Art. I needed three A's to study medicine at the University of East Anglia. I'm so happy. I have worked hard, but I definitely think the stress was worth it."
Matthew Ruddy is going to study computer science at Oxford University. He said: "I got an A* and three A's and I'm very happy about that. I was a bit worried half way through because I really didn't feel like I was going to do it but I got what I needed so I'm really happy."
Teachers were thrilled to see that their students achieved the results they wanted, with 92pc achieving A* to C.
Michael Brewer, head of Thetford Grammar, said: "We are really thrilled with the results and yet again we have got a 100pc pass rate, with our top end percentages up on last year.
"We will be incredibly sorry to see them leave they have been a lovely year group and have been at this school for many years and even been at the school since they have been four or five years old.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 3 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 4 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 6 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 7 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 8 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 9 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 10 Vandals destroy play park zipwire
"I'm sure are all going to do things that are going to make us all very proud in the future. But in the short term they should enjoy the success that they deserve."
Thetford Academy also celebrated a successful results day, with 50pc of their pupils achieving A* to C grades, and 90pc achieving A* to E. Dan Carter, head of the academy said: "'I would like to congratulate our year 13 students on their successes today.
"There are some impressive and well deserved individual results, reflecting the hard work of students and the support of their families and our staff."