Thetford gig season 'phenomenal'
Ian Clarke The 2010 Thetford Forest gig season draws to a close tonight - and organisers of the six concert series have described it as “a phenomenal success.
The 2010 Thetford Forest gig season drew to a close on Saturday night - and organisers have described the six-concert series as “phenomenal”
The High Lodge centre was bathed in beautiful evening sun all week as Scouting For Girls thrilled a 6000-strong crowd on Thursday, then The Saturdays entertained an excited audience of 3500 on Friday and then the following evening another 3500 people were wowed by successful singer-songwriter Katie Melua.
In June, a total of almost 20,000 fans saw Simply Red, Keane and The Doves in the forest.
You may also want to watch:
Spokesman Roger Woods said: “The season has been absolutely phenomenal and it just shows the appetite there is for outdoor music.”
See Monday's EDP for reviews of The Saturdays and Katie Melua and a full round up from the 2010 season.
- 1 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 2 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 3 Potential for 30C today – but two days of thunderstorms on the way
- 4 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed
- 5 US servicemen commemorate death of RAF Lakenheath pilot in crash tragedy
- 6 Six figure commitment agreed to pursue Suffolk bus improvement strategy
- 7 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 8 Covid Delta variant cases double in Norfolk
- 9 School praised for 'effective action' to address serious failings
- 10 Should Covid jabs be made mandatory for care home workers?
Reviews and pictures from the Scouting For Girls, Saturdays and Katie Melua gigs are on our review section.