Thetford gig season 'phenomenal'
Ian Clarke The 2010 Thetford Forest gig season draws to a close tonight - and organisers of the six concert series have described it as “a phenomenal success.
The 2010 Thetford Forest gig season drew to a close on Saturday night - and organisers have described the six-concert series as “phenomenal”
The High Lodge centre was bathed in beautiful evening sun all week as Scouting For Girls thrilled a 6000-strong crowd on Thursday, then The Saturdays entertained an excited audience of 3500 on Friday and then the following evening another 3500 people were wowed by successful singer-songwriter Katie Melua.
In June, a total of almost 20,000 fans saw Simply Red, Keane and The Doves in the forest.
Spokesman Roger Woods said: “The season has been absolutely phenomenal and it just shows the appetite there is for outdoor music.”
See Monday's EDP for reviews of The Saturdays and Katie Melua and a full round up from the 2010 season.
- 1 Weather warning as thunderstorms set to hit Norfolk
- 2 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 3 Power tools stolen after van broken into
- 4 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 5 From meat in supermarkets to beer in pubs - what is getting more expensive?
- 6 Norfolk football boss 'so proud' after inspiring player to come out
- 7 Blackpool player cites Norfolk footballer as inspiration after coming out
- 8 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 9 Police examine CCTV in Thetford rape investigation
- 10 Nominations open for Thetford Business Awards 2023
Reviews and pictures from the Scouting For Girls, Saturdays and Katie Melua gigs are on our review section.