Thetford Forest to host leg of woodland running series
- Credit: Getty Images/iStockphoto
Thetford Forest is set to feature in a series which invites participants to run through some of the country's most beautiful woodland scenery.
Following its successful running series in 2019, Forestry England is once again giving people the chance to challenge themselves while enjoying the freedom and fresh air of the nation's forests.
The new series, 'Forest Runner', will take place this autumn, with the Thetford Forest event starting from High Lodge on October 31.
Those taking part at each of the 10 nationwide locations can enter a 5k or 10k run, priced at £20 and £22.50 respectively plus booking fees.
Peter Rawlinson, from Forestry England’s active forests programme, said: "It’s been fantastic to see people enjoying running in the nation’s forests throughout the ups and downs of the past year.
You may also want to watch:
"We're delighted to launch this new series to deepen people’s connections with forests."
To book or find out more about Forest Runner, visit forestryengland.uk/forest-runner.
- 1 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 2 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 3 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 4 A11 reopens following earlier collision
- 5 Garden centre launches outdoor eating with wood-fired pizza and waffles
- 6 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 7 Man found near air base with gun, axe and lock knife sentenced
- 8 Warning over con artists trying 'council tax' scam in Norfolk
- 9 Military drones to fly above Norfolk RAF base
- 10 American marines fly to Suffolk to join Dambusters on new aircraft carrier