Thetford Forest named as one of the most Instagram-able beauty spots in the UK
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
It is an area of natural beauty which spans across areas of Norfolk and Suffolk.
Popular with local people and visitors, Thetford Forest has been named as one of the most photogenic forests across the UK.
The 18,730 hectare forest ranked as number nine in the top 25 forests whose pictures are put onto the photo and video-sharing social networking site Instagram.
Away Resorts, operator of six holiday resorts based in the UK, analysed the Instagram hashtag use of 70 forests in the UK and have used the data to find the top 25 Instagram-able forests.
The hashtag #thetfordforest was used 17,966.
You may also want to watch:
The New Forest, Royal Forest of Dean and Sherwood Forest were the top three woodland areas.
Thetford Forest is the largest man-made lowland forest in the UK and was established in the 1920s by the Forestry Commission.
- 1 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 4 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 5 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 9 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 10 Man charged with drink-driving on the A11
Sites including High Lodge, King’s Forest and High Ash are popular with visitors.