Thetford Forest named as one of the most Instagram-able beauty spots in the UK
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2015
It is an area of natural beauty which spans across areas of Norfolk and Suffolk.
Popular with local people and visitors, Thetford Forest has been named as one of the most photogenic forests across the UK.
The 18,730 hectare forest ranked as number nine in the top 25 forests whose pictures are put onto the photo and video-sharing social networking site Instagram.
Away Resorts, operator of six holiday resorts based in the UK, analysed the Instagram hashtag use of 70 forests in the UK and have used the data to find the top 25 Instagram-able forests.
The hashtag #thetfordforest was used 17,966.
The New Forest, Royal Forest of Dean and Sherwood Forest were the top three woodland areas.
Thetford Forest is the largest man-made lowland forest in the UK and was established in the 1920s by the Forestry Commission.
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 4 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 5 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 8 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 9 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 10 Contact tracing scammers return as Covid rates rise
Sites including High Lodge, King’s Forest and High Ash are popular with visitors.