Firefighters battle more blazes in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk are again tackling blazes in undergrowth at Thetford Forest.
Two fires are currently ongoing in the undergrowth of the forest along the Brandon Road, close to Brandon.
One was called in at 4.08pm and crews from Methwold, Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall and the water carrier from Newmarket have attended.
Another was called in at 4.34pm and a crew from Bury St Edmunds and two from Newmarket are there.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said the fires are under control and firefighters are now dampening down the undergrowth.
You may also want to watch:
Six fire engines, plus the water bower from Newmarket, attended the incident which broke out at 5.06pm on Saturday.
The alarm was raised by cyclists on a bike ride who directed the fire crews to where the blaze had broken out in undergrowth.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Community supermarket provides lifeline - and now more are to open
- 3 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 6 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 9 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 10 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain