Firefighters battle more blazes in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk are again tackling blazes in undergrowth at Thetford Forest.
Two fires are currently ongoing in the undergrowth of the forest along the Brandon Road, close to Brandon.
One was called in at 4.08pm and crews from Methwold, Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall and the water carrier from Newmarket have attended.
Another was called in at 4.34pm and a crew from Bury St Edmunds and two from Newmarket are there.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said the fires are under control and firefighters are now dampening down the undergrowth.
Six fire engines, plus the water bower from Newmarket, attended the incident which broke out at 5.06pm on Saturday.
The alarm was raised by cyclists on a bike ride who directed the fire crews to where the blaze had broken out in undergrowth.
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout