Firefighters battle more blazes in Thetford Forest
- Credit: Archant
Firefighters from Suffolk and Norfolk are again tackling blazes in undergrowth at Thetford Forest.
Two fires are currently ongoing in the undergrowth of the forest along the Brandon Road, close to Brandon.
One was called in at 4.08pm and crews from Methwold, Thetford, Brandon, Mildenhall and the water carrier from Newmarket have attended.
Another was called in at 4.34pm and a crew from Bury St Edmunds and two from Newmarket are there.
A spokesman for Suffolk County Council said the fires are under control and firefighters are now dampening down the undergrowth.
You may also want to watch:
Six fire engines, plus the water bower from Newmarket, attended the incident which broke out at 5.06pm on Saturday.
The alarm was raised by cyclists on a bike ride who directed the fire crews to where the blaze had broken out in undergrowth.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 7 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered