Woof in the Woods: Dog walkers stroll through Thetford Forest for charity
- Credit: Angela Sharpe Photography
Dog walkers and their canine companions were out in full force at Thetford Forest to raise money for an animal welfare charity.
Families from across the region met at High Lodge on Saturday (September 25) morning for an event dubbed 'Woof in the Woods'.
The gathering was hosted by FutureYou Cambridge, a company which makes vitamins including a turmeric-based joint supplement for dogs called Curcupet-K9.
For every person attending the weekend's walk, FutureYou pledged to make a donation to Blue Cross in support of their work on arthritis in dogs.
Beginning on the fir trail, walkers taking part were given the option to stroll either 2.5km or 5km.
You may also want to watch:
Blue Cross was founded back in 1897 and provides support for pet owners who cannot afford private vet bills.
The charity also helps to find homes for unwanted animals, of which there have been thousands across the UK after lockdown buyers tried to rehome their pets.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on