Thetford firm's boost for hospices
EAST Anglia's Child-ren's Hospices (EACH) has benefited from a charity donation from employees at Thetford-based Century Logistics Ltd.The storage firm, based on Brunel Way, has taken part in various fundraising activites including auctions, raffles and the dragon boat race.
EAST Anglia's Child-ren's Hospices (EACH) has benefited from a charity donation from employees at Thetford-based Century Logistics Ltd.
The storage firm, based on Brunel Way, has taken part in various fundraising activites including auctions, raffles and the dragon boat race.
EACH provides care and support for life-threatened children and their families in their own homes, as well as at the charity's hospices based in Quidenham, Ipswich and Cambridge.
Carl Brooks, a corporate fundraiser for EACH,
You may also want to watch:
said: “It's fantastic to have
the support of Century Logistics, who have really put their all into fundraising for us.
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault
“Only 20pc of our funding is received from statutory sources, so every pound raised will make a huge difference to the children and families using our services. We really are grateful for every minute they have spent in order to help us.”
The firm has managed to raise an impressive £3,000 for the charity, and is committed to increasing this figure in the future.
For more information about this year's Dragon Boat Races, visit the EACH website at www.each.org.uk