Police treating fire as arson
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a property in Thetford is being investigated as arson.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) were called at 12.55am to the fire in Old Croxton Road.
Two crews from Thetford and a crew from East Harling were sent to the scene.
Investigating officer, Matt Hendry, Said: “This incident and our subsequent response did attract public attention and cause concern among the local community.
“I would like to reassure the public we take offences of this nature very seriously. No one was injured and we believe this to be an isolated incident.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for NFRS said the last crew was on scene until 3.23am.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area or anyone with information should contact DC Matt Hendry at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org