Police treating fire as arson
- Credit: Archant
A fire in a property in Thetford is being investigated as arson.
Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service (NFRS) were called at 12.55am to the fire in Old Croxton Road.
Two crews from Thetford and a crew from East Harling were sent to the scene.
Investigating officer, Matt Hendry, Said: “This incident and our subsequent response did attract public attention and cause concern among the local community.
“I would like to reassure the public we take offences of this nature very seriously. No one was injured and we believe this to be an isolated incident.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for NFRS said the last crew was on scene until 3.23am.
Anyone who may have seen any suspicious activity in the area or anyone with information should contact DC Matt Hendry at Thetford CID on 101.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 3 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 4 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 5 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
Or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org