Thetford fire believed to be arson
A fire in Thetford in which a man suffered minor burns is being treated as arson.
The incident took place at around 6.50pm yesterday (Wednesday), when police and fire were called to reports of a small fire at a property in Elm Road.
The fire was extinguished by a passer-by before officers arrived but damage had been caused to a window and surrounding area.
A man in his 60s was taken to the West Suffolk Hospital to be treated for a hand injury.
Officers are keen to speak to anyone who believes they may have seen or heard any suspicious behaviour in the area.
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses are asked to contact Det Con Scott Malcolmson at Norfolk Constabulary on 101 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award