Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club receive grant from electricity firm
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club are one step closer to buying new audio equipment after they received a welcomed donation.
Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club have a target figure of around £3,000 which is needed to update their audio system.
The club, which has almost 100 members, were given a grant of £250 from UK Power Networks as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
An application was submitted from employee Ann-Marie Francis who is also the swimming club’s secretary and has a 13-year-old daughter, Maisie, who swims competitively for the club.
She said: “We put on major galas in the region and urgently need to update the system we currently have as it’s a bit antiquated which means people are struggling to hear the race announcements.
You may also want to watch:
“The new sound system will improve commentary during races, but is important for safety as well as practical reasons as it gives out key information.”
- 1 Man charged with supplying Class A drugs in Thetford
- 2 Schools in Norfolk closed or partially shut due to coronavirus
- 3 Viking themed children's play area confirmed at town's historic park
- 4 Illegal puppy farm warning as one in ten plan to buy dog for Christmas
- 5 'Disgusting' - councillor slams culprits for defecating on footpaths and in front gardens
- 6 Shoppers support market town traders as second lockdown lifts
- 7 Stephen Fry voices heart-warming animation of rescued blind horse
- 8 Dozens of new Covid marshals to become 'the eyes and ears of the districts'
- 9 Arrest after man found with wooden baton and £30,000 in cash
- 10 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote