Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club receive grant from electricity firm
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club are one step closer to buying new audio equipment after they received a welcomed donation.
Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club have a target figure of around £3,000 which is needed to update their audio system.
The club, which has almost 100 members, were given a grant of £250 from UK Power Networks as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
An application was submitted from employee Ann-Marie Francis who is also the swimming club’s secretary and has a 13-year-old daughter, Maisie, who swims competitively for the club.
She said: “We put on major galas in the region and urgently need to update the system we currently have as it’s a bit antiquated which means people are struggling to hear the race announcements.
You may also want to watch:
“The new sound system will improve commentary during races, but is important for safety as well as practical reasons as it gives out key information.”
- 1 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville
- 2 Build of new school building could see more places for SEND children
- 3 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 4 UEA expert in infectious diseases expects delay to 'Freedom Day'
- 5 Drunk inmate threatened to stab prison officer
- 6 Road reopens after crash between car and lorry
- 7 New date for trial of five accused of Thetford murder
- 8 New transporter bike for wheelchair users launched at Thetford Forest
- 9 Task force to assess future developments of West Suffolk's markets
- 10 Man, 18, arrested in connection with serious sexual assault