Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club receive grant from electricity firm
- Credit: Archant
A swimming club are one step closer to buying new audio equipment after they received a welcomed donation.
Thetford Dolphins Swimming Club have a target figure of around £3,000 which is needed to update their audio system.
The club, which has almost 100 members, were given a grant of £250 from UK Power Networks as part of its Team Sport Award programme.
An application was submitted from employee Ann-Marie Francis who is also the swimming club’s secretary and has a 13-year-old daughter, Maisie, who swims competitively for the club.
She said: “We put on major galas in the region and urgently need to update the system we currently have as it’s a bit antiquated which means people are struggling to hear the race announcements.
You may also want to watch:
“The new sound system will improve commentary during races, but is important for safety as well as practical reasons as it gives out key information.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 7 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 8 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on