‘Makes my blood boil’ - Fury at bags of dog mess in children’s park
- Credit: Archant
A mother has spoken of her anger after finding a load of bags of dog mess in a small children’s play park.
Thetford mum Kirsty Gordon said the sight of the mess at the playground off Ely Way on the Abbey Estate made her “blood boil”.
The 31-year-old had been taking her toddler son, who is three, to Ely Park with her cousin’s children.
She said: “The whole park is disgusting - beer cans, spray cans and glass.
“I very rarely go. There’s always rubbish and glass but I have never seen it that bad.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Thetford Town Council, which owns the park, said there is a bin at the playground and if such incidents are reported the council will deal with them straight away.
Thetford councillor Terry Jermy said: “It’s not the sort of thing you want to see when you’re eating your breakfast.
- 1 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 2 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 3 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 9 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider
“Fly tipping remains a huge issue in Thetford. It’s a whole variety of household waste, increasingly food waste as well.”