‘Makes my blood boil’ - Fury at bags of dog mess in children’s park
- Credit: Archant
A mother has spoken of her anger after finding a load of bags of dog mess in a small children’s play park.
Thetford mum Kirsty Gordon said the sight of the mess at the playground off Ely Way on the Abbey Estate made her “blood boil”.
The 31-year-old had been taking her toddler son, who is three, to Ely Park with her cousin’s children.
She said: “The whole park is disgusting - beer cans, spray cans and glass.
“I very rarely go. There’s always rubbish and glass but I have never seen it that bad.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Thetford Town Council, which owns the park, said there is a bin at the playground and if such incidents are reported the council will deal with them straight away.
Thetford councillor Terry Jermy said: “It’s not the sort of thing you want to see when you’re eating your breakfast.
- 1 7 of the best indoor activities in Norfolk
- 2 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 3 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 4 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 5 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 6 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 7 Flood-torn community 'in fear' every time it rains
- 8 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk MPs visit primary schools to hear pupils' lockdown experiences
- 10 Norfolk police ready extra officers for delayed Covid 'Freedom Day'
“Fly tipping remains a huge issue in Thetford. It’s a whole variety of household waste, increasingly food waste as well.”