‘Makes my blood boil’ - Fury at bags of dog mess in children’s park
- Credit: Archant
A mother has spoken of her anger after finding a load of bags of dog mess in a small children’s play park.
Thetford mum Kirsty Gordon said the sight of the mess at the playground off Ely Way on the Abbey Estate made her “blood boil”.
The 31-year-old had been taking her toddler son, who is three, to Ely Park with her cousin’s children.
She said: “The whole park is disgusting - beer cans, spray cans and glass.
“I very rarely go. There’s always rubbish and glass but I have never seen it that bad.”
A spokesman from Thetford Town Council, which owns the park, said there is a bin at the playground and if such incidents are reported the council will deal with them straight away.
Thetford councillor Terry Jermy said: “It’s not the sort of thing you want to see when you’re eating your breakfast.
- 1 Bank with only 15 in-branch customers to shut down
- 2 Council’s wildlife camera stolen from conservation area
- 3 Thetford pupil Oxford-bound after hat-trick of A* grades
- 4 Where you will be able to see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 5 'Do not eat' - Lidl recalls product over bacteria fears
- 6 Parish council weighs in on row over 'rollercoaster' racking
- 7 A-levels 2022: All the results from Norfolk and Waveney
- 8 West Norfolk village pub to reopen as bed and breakfast after sale
- 9 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 10 How a new Norfolk forest helped heal the nation's timber industry
“Fly tipping remains a huge issue in Thetford. It’s a whole variety of household waste, increasingly food waste as well.”