‘Makes my blood boil’ - Fury at bags of dog mess in children’s park
- Credit: Archant
A mother has spoken of her anger after finding a load of bags of dog mess in a small children’s play park.
Thetford mum Kirsty Gordon said the sight of the mess at the playground off Ely Way on the Abbey Estate made her “blood boil”.
The 31-year-old had been taking her toddler son, who is three, to Ely Park with her cousin’s children.
She said: “The whole park is disgusting - beer cans, spray cans and glass.
“I very rarely go. There’s always rubbish and glass but I have never seen it that bad.”
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman from Thetford Town Council, which owns the park, said there is a bin at the playground and if such incidents are reported the council will deal with them straight away.
Thetford councillor Terry Jermy said: “It’s not the sort of thing you want to see when you’re eating your breakfast.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 8 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 9 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 10 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
“Fly tipping remains a huge issue in Thetford. It’s a whole variety of household waste, increasingly food waste as well.”