Thetford & District Dementia Support Group receive generous donations
- Credit: Ian Burt
A support group has received two donations which total more than £800.
Thetford & District Dementia Support Group (TADDS) were presented with a cheque for £450 by The Albion pub landlord David Routledge.
The pub held a quiz night and raffle to raise money for the group.
TADDS trustee Jo Lylie Cooper was a guest speaker at a recent Thetford Rotary Club dinner, where outgoing president Gary Goodchild presented a cheque for more than £400.
Joanne Mountjoy-Dixon, TADDS trustee, said: “I think a donation by anybody from Thetford is hugely generous. It all goes to help people living with dementia and their carers who come to our group week in week out, and we are their only form of support often.
You may also want to watch:
“Donations help us to keep it going.
“We are much needed as a service. And I am very mindful of the fact our service is run entirely by volunteers.”
- 1 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 2 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 3 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 4 Seven lockdown rules that could change
- 5 Police looking for wanted west Suffolk man Darren Pountney
- 6 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 7 Inquest opens into death of 32-year-old Anthony Hibble
- 8 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 9 Teeny tiny property for sale for between £10,000-£20,000
- 10 Jail for man who attacked partner while she watched TV in bed