Thetford & District Dementia Support Group receive generous donations
- Credit: Ian Burt
A support group has received two donations which total more than £800.
Thetford & District Dementia Support Group (TADDS) were presented with a cheque for £450 by The Albion pub landlord David Routledge.
The pub held a quiz night and raffle to raise money for the group.
TADDS trustee Jo Lylie Cooper was a guest speaker at a recent Thetford Rotary Club dinner, where outgoing president Gary Goodchild presented a cheque for more than £400.
Joanne Mountjoy-Dixon, TADDS trustee, said: “I think a donation by anybody from Thetford is hugely generous. It all goes to help people living with dementia and their carers who come to our group week in week out, and we are their only form of support often.
You may also want to watch:
“Donations help us to keep it going.
“We are much needed as a service. And I am very mindful of the fact our service is run entirely by volunteers.”
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust