Thetford diamond jubilee street party tables sell out
All 100 tables for Thetford’s diamond jubilee street party have sold out, although people can still be part of the celebrations by bringing their own tables and chairs.
More than 500 people are already planning to attend the street party which will also include street entertainers, bunting and flags.
The event will take place on Thetford Market Square on June 4 and will be just one part of the overall celebrations planned in the town.
The day will begin with a civic parade from Kings House in the morning to St Cuthbert’s Church where a special service will take place with representatives from its twin towns across Europe including Poland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Following the street party, the focus will move to Melford Common where a free concert will be staged, showcasing local musicians. The highlight of the day will be a concert finale called One Night of Queen, performed by Gary Mullen and The Works,
You may also want to watch:
The evening will be rounded off with a ceremony to light one of the official diamond jubilee beacons on Castle Hill, complete with a firework display.
Reservations for own table space at the street party can be made by contacting Thetford’s Tourist Information Office on 01842 751975. Reservations cost �5 per table and attendees will need to provide their own party food and drink.
- 1 Shop facing £150k flood bill sets up mobile post office
- 2 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 3 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
- 4 Hundreds of homes across Norfolk hit by power cut
- 5 Met Office warns of snow at weekend
- 6 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 7 Staff lose jobs at retailer Outfit with plans to close permanently
- 8 Analysis: Is lockdown finally working in Norfolk?
- 9 'It's opened my eyes' - What is it really like having coronavirus?
- 10 Seven lockdown rules that could change