Thetford diamond jubilee street party tables sell out
All 100 tables for Thetford’s diamond jubilee street party have sold out, although people can still be part of the celebrations by bringing their own tables and chairs.
More than 500 people are already planning to attend the street party which will also include street entertainers, bunting and flags.
The event will take place on Thetford Market Square on June 4 and will be just one part of the overall celebrations planned in the town.
The day will begin with a civic parade from Kings House in the morning to St Cuthbert’s Church where a special service will take place with representatives from its twin towns across Europe including Poland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Following the street party, the focus will move to Melford Common where a free concert will be staged, showcasing local musicians. The highlight of the day will be a concert finale called One Night of Queen, performed by Gary Mullen and The Works,
You may also want to watch:
The evening will be rounded off with a ceremony to light one of the official diamond jubilee beacons on Castle Hill, complete with a firework display.
Reservations for own table space at the street party can be made by contacting Thetford’s Tourist Information Office on 01842 751975. Reservations cost �5 per table and attendees will need to provide their own party food and drink.
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road