Thetford diamond jubilee street party tables sell out
All 100 tables for Thetford’s diamond jubilee street party have sold out, although people can still be part of the celebrations by bringing their own tables and chairs.
More than 500 people are already planning to attend the street party which will also include street entertainers, bunting and flags.
The event will take place on Thetford Market Square on June 4 and will be just one part of the overall celebrations planned in the town.
The day will begin with a civic parade from Kings House in the morning to St Cuthbert’s Church where a special service will take place with representatives from its twin towns across Europe including Poland, France, Germany and the Netherlands.
Following the street party, the focus will move to Melford Common where a free concert will be staged, showcasing local musicians. The highlight of the day will be a concert finale called One Night of Queen, performed by Gary Mullen and The Works,
You may also want to watch:
The evening will be rounded off with a ceremony to light one of the official diamond jubilee beacons on Castle Hill, complete with a firework display.
Reservations for own table space at the street party can be made by contacting Thetford’s Tourist Information Office on 01842 751975. Reservations cost �5 per table and attendees will need to provide their own party food and drink.
- 1 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 2 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 3 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 6 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 9 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 10 Prince Philip's love of birds remembered at Thetford-based trust