Thetford Cricket club renews sponsorship deal with Specsavers
- Credit: Archant
A cricket club is hoping it will be able to see the yorkers, googlies and leg breaks coming after an optician sponsored its sightscreens for another year.
Thetford Town Cricket Club has joined up with Specsavers Thetford for the sixth consecutive year to help the side knock opponents for six.
As well as sponsorship of the sightscreens, the club’s players are being invited to have their eyes tested and receive advice on the importance of having regular examinations.
Club fundraiser, Andy Gray, said: “We are all very proud to be working with Specsavers for another season and I am really pleased that every aspect of the team’s physical health is being looked after.
“It is great to have Specsavers featured on the sightscreens and backing the team as well as teaching us all about eye health. Here’s to winning the 2015 season.”
Specsavers Thetford store director, Paul Clark, said: ‘It’s great to be the official sponsor of the club for a six consecutive season.
“We are hoping to test all players’ eyes to ensure they play to their full potential.
- 1 Roads to have speed limit cut to 30mph after death sparks campaign
- 2 Serious road crash hotspots in Norfolk revealed as fatalities fall
- 3 'A posy fit for a Queen' - Winners crowned in school Jubilee competition
- 4 Escaped cows block traffic on A1065 in Suffolk
- 5 Every household in the UK to get £400 to help with rising energy bills
- 6 Explained: What the cost of living support package means for you
- 7 Where you can see the Red Arrows over Norfolk this weekend
- 8 Education bursary worth £1,000 launched to mark Queen's Jubilee
- 9 WATCH: Big Jet TV films at RAF Lakenheath to mark new Top Gun movie
- 10 Homes destroyed after blaze breaks out in terraced housing
“People often take their sight for granted, and we want to make sure the team is aware of how important eye health is in sport.’
To book an eye examination please visit Specsavers Thetford at 20 Riverside Walk IP24 2BG or call 01842 820565.
Do you have a story for the Times? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call our Thetford Office on 01842 752510.