Thetford councillor calls for meeting details
Clarification of the way Thetford Town Council is notified of the content of Moving Thetford Forward meetings will be sought.
The issue was raised by Corinne Fulford, Independent councillor for the Castle ward, following a report on the latest meeting by Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) member Robert Kybird at a recent town council meeting.
Miss Fulford said: “I’ve not been a councillor for long but as a member of the public it’s taken me months to find these minutes which are hidden on Beckland Council’s website. I say hidden because they are not easy to find.”
While Mr Kybird, Conservative councillor for the Guildhall ward, said the minutes were a matter of the public record, it was decided for town clerk Ed Chambers to seek clarification on how the council could be better informed following MTF meetings.
It was also decided Mr Kybird would continue with his representation on the MTF board following a motion that Terry Jermy, Independent councillor for the Saxon Ward, take his place.
You may also want to watch:
While the vote was seven to seven, town mayor Derek Mortimer cast the deciding vote in favour of Mr Kybird.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 4 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 5 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 8 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 9 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park