Thetford councillor calls for meeting details
Clarification of the way Thetford Town Council is notified of the content of Moving Thetford Forward meetings will be sought.
The issue was raised by Corinne Fulford, Independent councillor for the Castle ward, following a report on the latest meeting by Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) member Robert Kybird at a recent town council meeting.
Miss Fulford said: “I’ve not been a councillor for long but as a member of the public it’s taken me months to find these minutes which are hidden on Beckland Council’s website. I say hidden because they are not easy to find.”
While Mr Kybird, Conservative councillor for the Guildhall ward, said the minutes were a matter of the public record, it was decided for town clerk Ed Chambers to seek clarification on how the council could be better informed following MTF meetings.
It was also decided Mr Kybird would continue with his representation on the MTF board following a motion that Terry Jermy, Independent councillor for the Saxon Ward, take his place.
While the vote was seven to seven, town mayor Derek Mortimer cast the deciding vote in favour of Mr Kybird.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations