Thetford councillor calls for meeting details
Clarification of the way Thetford Town Council is notified of the content of Moving Thetford Forward meetings will be sought.
The issue was raised by Corinne Fulford, Independent councillor for the Castle ward, following a report on the latest meeting by Moving Thetford Forward (MTF) member Robert Kybird at a recent town council meeting.
Miss Fulford said: “I’ve not been a councillor for long but as a member of the public it’s taken me months to find these minutes which are hidden on Beckland Council’s website. I say hidden because they are not easy to find.”
While Mr Kybird, Conservative councillor for the Guildhall ward, said the minutes were a matter of the public record, it was decided for town clerk Ed Chambers to seek clarification on how the council could be better informed following MTF meetings.
It was also decided Mr Kybird would continue with his representation on the MTF board following a motion that Terry Jermy, Independent councillor for the Saxon Ward, take his place.
You may also want to watch:
While the vote was seven to seven, town mayor Derek Mortimer cast the deciding vote in favour of Mr Kybird.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 3 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 4 Man who drove 128 miles for fish and chips among latest Covid fines
- 5 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 6 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 7 Heat map images reveal Norfolk's most popular running routes
- 8 Storm Christoph flood fears bring spike in sandbag sales
- 9 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 10 Norfolk to get rapid Covid test sites - to find people without symptoms