Town’s bid for new fitness zone
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
Those looking to get fit could have a new space to work out as a council bids for a new exercise area.
Thetford Town Council has revealed plans to build a fitness zone in Castle Park, near to an existing playground, in Castle Lane.
A host of equipment, including a climbing wall, chest press and a cycle bike, would be installed if the plans sent to Breckland Council are approved.
The equipment is designed by Wicksteed Playgrounds, in Kettering, and is aimed at teenagers aged 14 and over.
Each piece would feature a QR code which can be scanned using a smart phone which would show the user a video about how to use the machine and additional information.
You may also want to watch:
Plaques would also be installed showing information on how to use the equipment.
The park is located next to the town's historic castle mound remains.
- 1 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 2 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 'Thank you for everything' - How Norfolk marked Duke of Edinburgh's funeral
- 6 WATCH: Delighted Delia Smith leads Canaries fans in Emi Buendia sing song
- 7 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 8 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 9 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 10 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond