Thetford cadets help regional team to third place in football competition
- Credit: Matthew Drewry
Three cadets put their best feet forward to represent their region in a junior football competition.
Cdt Sgt Robbie Webb, Cdt Cpl Callum Brown and Cdt Charlie Jenkins represented the central and east region in the junior boys football competition at RAF Cranwell on November 19.
The boys from (1109) Thetford ATC Squadron were selected for the 16-man team following a regional trial last month and went on to face five other regions within the corps.
Central and east region finished third overall after a hard fought competition with good performances from all three cadets.
Sgt Matt Drewry, sports officer at 1109 Squadron said: “To have three cadets achieve regional representations in the same competition is fantastic. These are not awarded easily as the competition throughout central and east is so strong.
You may also want to watch:
“Robbie, Callum and Charlie’s performances were excellent from the wing trials to the inter-regional competition and they are a credit to themselves, their squadron and the organisation.”
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence