Thetford cadets help regional team to third place in football competition
- Credit: Matthew Drewry
Three cadets put their best feet forward to represent their region in a junior football competition.
Cdt Sgt Robbie Webb, Cdt Cpl Callum Brown and Cdt Charlie Jenkins represented the central and east region in the junior boys football competition at RAF Cranwell on November 19.
The boys from (1109) Thetford ATC Squadron were selected for the 16-man team following a regional trial last month and went on to face five other regions within the corps.
Central and east region finished third overall after a hard fought competition with good performances from all three cadets.
Sgt Matt Drewry, sports officer at 1109 Squadron said: “To have three cadets achieve regional representations in the same competition is fantastic. These are not awarded easily as the competition throughout central and east is so strong.
You may also want to watch:
“Robbie, Callum and Charlie’s performances were excellent from the wing trials to the inter-regional competition and they are a credit to themselves, their squadron and the organisation.”
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11