Thetford cadets help regional team to third place in football competition
- Credit: Matthew Drewry
Three cadets put their best feet forward to represent their region in a junior football competition.
Cdt Sgt Robbie Webb, Cdt Cpl Callum Brown and Cdt Charlie Jenkins represented the central and east region in the junior boys football competition at RAF Cranwell on November 19.
The boys from (1109) Thetford ATC Squadron were selected for the 16-man team following a regional trial last month and went on to face five other regions within the corps.
Central and east region finished third overall after a hard fought competition with good performances from all three cadets.
Sgt Matt Drewry, sports officer at 1109 Squadron said: “To have three cadets achieve regional representations in the same competition is fantastic. These are not awarded easily as the competition throughout central and east is so strong.
You may also want to watch:
“Robbie, Callum and Charlie’s performances were excellent from the wing trials to the inter-regional competition and they are a credit to themselves, their squadron and the organisation.”
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 3 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 8 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease