Nursery worker celebrates 20 years supporting hundreds of youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A nursery worker who has supported hundreds of families is celebrating 20 years in her post.
Claire Smith joined Busy Bees, Thetford, aged 15 as an apprentice, rising through the ranks to become room manager.
Children and staff at the nursery prepared a celebration for Ms Smith, recognising her commitment with an afternoon tea party and a presentation of flowers.
Emma Taylor, nursery manager, said: "From Claire's first day in the nursery to today, her passion for childcare has never faltered and she continues to build fantastic relationships with children, staff and parents."
Ms Smith said: "I'm feeling very nostalgic looking back over the last 20 years. I have had the pleasure of working alongside a great team and I can't quite believe how quick it has gone.
You may also want to watch:
"We all had a fantastic day and I feel incredible special having celebrated my 20 years service in this way."
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village