Nursery worker celebrates 20 years supporting hundreds of youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A nursery worker who has supported hundreds of families is celebrating 20 years in her post.
Claire Smith joined Busy Bees, Thetford, aged 15 as an apprentice, rising through the ranks to become room manager.
Children and staff at the nursery prepared a celebration for Ms Smith, recognising her commitment with an afternoon tea party and a presentation of flowers.
Emma Taylor, nursery manager, said: "From Claire's first day in the nursery to today, her passion for childcare has never faltered and she continues to build fantastic relationships with children, staff and parents."
Ms Smith said: "I'm feeling very nostalgic looking back over the last 20 years. I have had the pleasure of working alongside a great team and I can't quite believe how quick it has gone.
You may also want to watch:
"We all had a fantastic day and I feel incredible special having celebrated my 20 years service in this way."
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 8 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 9 5 tips from Norwich expert to keep your car in peak condition in lockdown
- 10 Councillor accused of 'squirming' over environmental centre finances