Nursery worker celebrates 20 years supporting hundreds of youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A nursery worker who has supported hundreds of families is celebrating 20 years in her post.
Claire Smith joined Busy Bees, Thetford, aged 15 as an apprentice, rising through the ranks to become room manager.
Children and staff at the nursery prepared a celebration for Ms Smith, recognising her commitment with an afternoon tea party and a presentation of flowers.
Emma Taylor, nursery manager, said: "From Claire's first day in the nursery to today, her passion for childcare has never faltered and she continues to build fantastic relationships with children, staff and parents."
Ms Smith said: "I'm feeling very nostalgic looking back over the last 20 years. I have had the pleasure of working alongside a great team and I can't quite believe how quick it has gone.
You may also want to watch:
"We all had a fantastic day and I feel incredible special having celebrated my 20 years service in this way."
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park