Nursery worker celebrates 20 years supporting hundreds of youngsters
- Credit: Archant
A nursery worker who has supported hundreds of families is celebrating 20 years in her post.
Claire Smith joined Busy Bees, Thetford, aged 15 as an apprentice, rising through the ranks to become room manager.
Children and staff at the nursery prepared a celebration for Ms Smith, recognising her commitment with an afternoon tea party and a presentation of flowers.
Emma Taylor, nursery manager, said: "From Claire's first day in the nursery to today, her passion for childcare has never faltered and she continues to build fantastic relationships with children, staff and parents."
Ms Smith said: "I'm feeling very nostalgic looking back over the last 20 years. I have had the pleasure of working alongside a great team and I can't quite believe how quick it has gone.
You may also want to watch:
"We all had a fantastic day and I feel incredible special having celebrated my 20 years service in this way."
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 3 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 6 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Covid vaccine rollout shifts dramatically in favour of second doses