Nominations open for awards to recognise town’s thriving business community
- Credit: Archant
Business owners, employers and the community are being encouraged to take part in a new awards which have been launched to celebrate the business industry in Thetford.
The town is home to a thriving business community and Thetford Business Awards organiser Gez Chetal said he wants firms of all sizes, and their staff, to have a chance to be recognised and rewarded.
Mr Chetal, the executive director of Trust-House Lesiure, which runs the Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford, invited the Mayor of Thetford and business owner Roy Brame to assist with the awards.
The categories are: Trainee Apprentice, nomination from companies; Mayors Award, selected by Mr and Mrs Brame; Small Business of the Year (under five employees), nominations from the public and employees; Innovation, nominations from companies and employees; Employer of the Year, nominations from companies and employees; Helping Business in the Community, nominations from the public; Leisure, nominations from the public, Tourism, nominations from the public; Hospitality, nominations from the public, and Retail, nominations by the public.
Mr Chetal said: “The awards are designed to support and lift all local businesses to work and support each other.
You may also want to watch:
“I have seen many areas all trying to work against each other which is not good for businesses. If a business is doing well, we need to support them.
“This is for the local people to nominate their business and people within the business.
- 1 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 2 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 3 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 4 Burst main leaves villages without water
- 5 School 'relieves stress' for families by loaning laptops in lockdown
- 6 Timeline: When should you receive the coronavirus vaccine?
- 7 Parent fined after teens dumped waste at town estate
- 8 Covid cases fall in every area of Norfolk for first time since June
- 9 Flooding fears recede in Norfolk but wind warning issued
- 10 Fiat 500 thought to be stolen found crashed into wall
“It is also for the smaller businesses that may not always get a look in.”
A judging panel will decide on the finalists for the awards ceremony, which will be held at the town’s Carnegie Room on Friday, April 19.
The Thetford and Brandon Times and various businesses from across the Thetford area are sponsoring the event.
Mr Chetal hopes the awards will become an annual event.
A Facebook page for the awards is in the process of being created.
Nominations can be submitted via the online form in the article or email the name of the person you are nominating, for which category and why, along with your name, email and phone number to Mr Chetal at firstname.lastname@example.org