Nominations open for awards to recognise town’s thriving business community
- Credit: Archant
Business owners, employers and the community are being encouraged to take part in a new awards which have been launched to celebrate the business industry in Thetford.
The town is home to a thriving business community and Thetford Business Awards organiser Gez Chetal said he wants firms of all sizes, and their staff, to have a chance to be recognised and rewarded.
Mr Chetal, the executive director of Trust-House Lesiure, which runs the Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford, invited the Mayor of Thetford and business owner Roy Brame to assist with the awards.
The categories are: Trainee Apprentice, nomination from companies; Mayors Award, selected by Mr and Mrs Brame; Small Business of the Year (under five employees), nominations from the public and employees; Innovation, nominations from companies and employees; Employer of the Year, nominations from companies and employees; Helping Business in the Community, nominations from the public; Leisure, nominations from the public, Tourism, nominations from the public; Hospitality, nominations from the public, and Retail, nominations by the public.
Mr Chetal said: “The awards are designed to support and lift all local businesses to work and support each other.
You may also want to watch:
“I have seen many areas all trying to work against each other which is not good for businesses. If a business is doing well, we need to support them.
“This is for the local people to nominate their business and people within the business.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 3 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 4 Mini science centre to feature at town's riverside development
- 5 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 6 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 7 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 8 Wanted man arrested in Dereham
- 9 Logs spill across A47 after lorry and tractor crash
- 10 Suffolk elections 2021: When to expect results
“It is also for the smaller businesses that may not always get a look in.”
A judging panel will decide on the finalists for the awards ceremony, which will be held at the town’s Carnegie Room on Friday, April 19.
The Thetford and Brandon Times and various businesses from across the Thetford area are sponsoring the event.
Mr Chetal hopes the awards will become an annual event.
A Facebook page for the awards is in the process of being created.
Nominations can be submitted via the online form in the article or email the name of the person you are nominating, for which category and why, along with your name, email and phone number to Mr Chetal at email@example.com