Best of Thetford’s businesses to be recognised as finalists for awards announced
- Credit: Archant
Finalists for the Thetford Business Awards which are recognising business excellence in the town have been announced.
After hundreds of entries from members of the public highlighting the great work businesses big and small do in the town, the shortlist of those who could come away with a trophy has been released.
Businesses and employees on the shortlist include; Fosters Electricals, Chilterns, Tiger Fitness, Warren Services, Precious Bear, Wickes, Centurion, Guildhall Tearoom, Black Horse, Leaping Hare, Thomas Paine Hotel, Light Cinema, Dad’s Army Museum, Andrew Francis Funeral Service, Michelle Banks, Stuart Wright and Natasha Smith.
Finalists will fight it out for victory in categories including Employee of the Year, Employer of the Year, Helping Community, Hospitality, Leisure, Innovation, Retail, Small Business, and Tourism.
The winners will be announced on the night of the awards on Friday, April 19 in a glitzy ceremony at the Carnegie Rooms in Thetford.
Awards organiser Gez Chetal said: “We are over the moon with the entries which were aimed at the local and smaller businesses which is just what we have achieved.
“All finalists have been contacted and all the finalists are flabbergasted that they have been nominated. Some are already advertising that they are finalists and putting on special offers to show their joy for being included.
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 Police stop 85 vehicles in one day amid safety crackdown
- 10 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
“We are looking forward to the awards dinner which already has 140 tickets sold.”
The awards are in their first year and are supported by Thetford Town Council, Breckland District Council and sponsored by several local businesses.
Mr Chetal added: “It gives me great pleasure to being able to organise this with the support of so many local businesses and the town council and mayor Roy Brame who have all made this possible.
“We are also broadcasting live on the night with Zack FM and have some excellent entertainment. A night not to be missed.”
The awards ceremony will be hosted by the magician Paul Martin, with tickets costing £37.50 per person or £350 for a table of ten.
To book, visit www.bookwhen.com/ttcevents or ring the box office on 01842 754247.