Town set for first ever business awards
- Credit: Archant
Business owners in a Norfolk town are set to be celebrated this evening in the first ever Thetford Business Awards.
Organised by Gez Chetal, the executive director of Trust-House Lesiure, which runs the Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford, it aims to celebrate businesses based in the town.
The awards kick-off at 7pm at The Carnegie Rooms where businesses have been nominated for a number of awards.
The categories are: Trainee Apprentice, nomination from companies; Mayors Award, selected by Mayor Roy Brame and Mrs Brame; Small Business of the Year (under five employees), nominations from the public and employees; Innovation, nominations from companies and employees; Employer of the Year, nominations from companies and employees; Helping Business in the Community, nominations from the public; Leisure, nominations from the public, Tourism, nominations from the public; Hospitality, nominations from the public, and Retail, nominations by the public.
Mr Chetal said: “The awards are designed to support and lift all local businesses to work and support each other.
You may also want to watch:
“I have seen many areas all trying to work against each other which is not good for businesses. If a business is doing well, we need to support them.”
The Thetford and Brandon Times and various businesses from across the Thetford area are sponsoring the event.
- 1 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 2 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 3 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 4 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 5 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 6 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 7 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 One in eight Breckland adults yet to receive Covid vaccine
- 10 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
Mr Chetal hopes the awards will become an annual event.