Town set for first ever business awards
- Credit: Archant
Business owners in a Norfolk town are set to be celebrated this evening in the first ever Thetford Business Awards.
Organised by Gez Chetal, the executive director of Trust-House Lesiure, which runs the Thomas Paine Hotel in Thetford, it aims to celebrate businesses based in the town.
The awards kick-off at 7pm at The Carnegie Rooms where businesses have been nominated for a number of awards.
The categories are: Trainee Apprentice, nomination from companies; Mayors Award, selected by Mayor Roy Brame and Mrs Brame; Small Business of the Year (under five employees), nominations from the public and employees; Innovation, nominations from companies and employees; Employer of the Year, nominations from companies and employees; Helping Business in the Community, nominations from the public; Leisure, nominations from the public, Tourism, nominations from the public; Hospitality, nominations from the public, and Retail, nominations by the public.
Mr Chetal said: “The awards are designed to support and lift all local businesses to work and support each other.
“I have seen many areas all trying to work against each other which is not good for businesses. If a business is doing well, we need to support them.”
The Thetford and Brandon Times and various businesses from across the Thetford area are sponsoring the event.
- 1 Town centre's new café... with a difference
- 2 Case adjourned for man who admitted £80k fraud
- 3 Why has my car been covered in dust?
- 4 Police identify suspect over sexual assault at train station
- 5 Man jailed for 'planned revenge attack' on victim
- 6 7 dogs looking for new homes in Norfolk
- 7 11 indulgent spa getaways in East Anglia
- 8 Level crossing failure leaves Brandon residents 'terrified'
- 9 Teacher banned after 'inappropriate contact' with teenaged pupils
- 10 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
Mr Chetal hopes the awards will become an annual event.