Girls team reaches semi-finals of national football competition
- Credit: Archant
A girls football team from Thetford did themselves proud at the FA People’s Cup competition.
Thetford Bulldogs FC Belles recently travelled to St George’s Park, the FA’s national football centre in Burton Upon Trent.
The competition included a knock-out round-robin with six teams from across England - the top four of which went through to the semi-finals.
The Belles under-16 side came third and played the first place team in the semis.
Unfortunately, they lost 3-0 but team manager Kirsty Turner said finishing third overall was “amazing”.
You may also want to watch:
The club are holding Wildcat sessions for girls aged five to 11-years-old.
Held at the Charles Burrell Centre, the sessions are held every Monday night between 6pm and 7pm and are £2.
- 1 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 2 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 3 House-to-house enquiries take place after woman's body identified
- 4 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 5 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 6 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 7 Overrunning roadworks temporarily closes part of A11
- 8 Health bosses step up effort to vaccinate vulnerable communities
- 9 'Small but mighty': Lambing season gets underway at family-run farm
- 10 Excitement as businesses reopen across region as Covid restrictions ease
Each session will cost £2 and will take place between 6pm and 7pm.
For more information contact Kirsty Turner on 07771744437.