Girls team reaches semi-finals of national football competition
- Credit: Archant
A girls football team from Thetford did themselves proud at the FA People’s Cup competition.
Thetford Bulldogs FC Belles recently travelled to St George’s Park, the FA’s national football centre in Burton Upon Trent.
The competition included a knock-out round-robin with six teams from across England - the top four of which went through to the semi-finals.
The Belles under-16 side came third and played the first place team in the semis.
Unfortunately, they lost 3-0 but team manager Kirsty Turner said finishing third overall was “amazing”.
You may also want to watch:
The club are holding Wildcat sessions for girls aged five to 11-years-old.
Held at the Charles Burrell Centre, the sessions are held every Monday night between 6pm and 7pm and are £2.
- 1 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 2 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 3 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 'Extensive damage' caused as business centre is flooded
- 6 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 7 Cows cause congestion after wandering into RAF Lakenheath viewing area
- 8 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
Each session will cost £2 and will take place between 6pm and 7pm.
For more information contact Kirsty Turner on 07771744437.