Girls team reaches semi-finals of national football competition
- Credit: Archant
A girls football team from Thetford did themselves proud at the FA People’s Cup competition.
Thetford Bulldogs FC Belles recently travelled to St George’s Park, the FA’s national football centre in Burton Upon Trent.
The competition included a knock-out round-robin with six teams from across England - the top four of which went through to the semi-finals.
The Belles under-16 side came third and played the first place team in the semis.
Unfortunately, they lost 3-0 but team manager Kirsty Turner said finishing third overall was “amazing”.
The club are holding Wildcat sessions for girls aged five to 11-years-old.
Held at the Charles Burrell Centre, the sessions are held every Monday night between 6pm and 7pm and are £2.
- 1 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 2 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout
Each session will cost £2 and will take place between 6pm and 7pm.
For more information contact Kirsty Turner on 07771744437.