Thetford boys 'devasted' after bikes stolen
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left 'devastated' after their motocross bikes were stolen.
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left “devastated” after their motocross bikes were stolen.
Nathan Coates and his cousin Taylor Gost were gearing up to enter junior motocross racing championships after putting in hours of practice at Nathan's home in Wretham, near Thetford.
But his mother, Sarah Coates, spoke of her sadness after three mini bikes and a quad bike were taken from their garage in Hockham Road.
Offenders smashed a lock to take more than �3,000 worth of bikes sometime between Monday and Friday .
Mrs Coates said the two boys were “heartbroken” and could not understand why someone would steal their beloved bikes.
“They are absolutely devastated. This is their hobby to get outside and enjoy the outdoor life. They loved the bikes to bits. They were just getting used to them and were getting ready to race them,” she said.
- 1 Town to host free outdoor screening of Encanto with street food stalls
- 2 Council fighting not to have to publish details of golf club talks
- 3 Driver who altered date on expired Blue Badge ordered to pay out £3,500
- 4 Dog owners urged to take 'five-second test' before walking pets in heat
- 5 Could you help to monitor standards inside this Norfolk prison?
- 6 19th century buildings could return to original use as homes
- 7 Cable underneath Thetford could power 5,000-home development
- 8 Revealed: Why wasps chase you and how to get rid of them this summer
- 9 Biggest 'shooting star' meteor shower to peak this week
- 10 'Save water' Suffolk households urged as hosepipe bans imposed elsewhere
Thieves took two “pull-start” mini motos, which were red and yellow, a larger blue Demon motocross bike and a black Ultimate quad, which was a Christmas present last year.