Thetford boys 'devasted' after bikes stolen
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left 'devastated' after their motocross bikes were stolen.
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left “devastated” after their motocross bikes were stolen.
Nathan Coates and his cousin Taylor Gost were gearing up to enter junior motocross racing championships after putting in hours of practice at Nathan's home in Wretham, near Thetford.
But his mother, Sarah Coates, spoke of her sadness after three mini bikes and a quad bike were taken from their garage in Hockham Road.
Offenders smashed a lock to take more than �3,000 worth of bikes sometime between Monday and Friday .
Mrs Coates said the two boys were “heartbroken” and could not understand why someone would steal their beloved bikes.
“They are absolutely devastated. This is their hobby to get outside and enjoy the outdoor life. They loved the bikes to bits. They were just getting used to them and were getting ready to race them,” she said.
- 1 Two people taken to hospital after van rolls over in Lynford crash
- 2 Cash machines stolen in ram raid at Tesco in Brandon
- 3 Ever fancied being a real life CSI? Now's your chance!
- 4 Tesco supermarket in Brandon reopens after cash machines ram raid
- 5 Revealed: No one has paid £10,000 fines issued for breaking Covid rules
- 6 Noise warning issued due to increased flying over RAF Lakenheath
- 7 Devastated family wrongly told prisoner hanged himself weeks before release
- 8 Council buys disused building to regenerate town's riverfront
- 9 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
- 10 Eight dogs up for adoption at a Norfolk rehoming centre
Thieves took two “pull-start” mini motos, which were red and yellow, a larger blue Demon motocross bike and a black Ultimate quad, which was a Christmas present last year.