Thetford boys 'devasted' after bikes stolen
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left 'devastated' after their motocross bikes were stolen.
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left “devastated” after their motocross bikes were stolen.
Nathan Coates and his cousin Taylor Gost were gearing up to enter junior motocross racing championships after putting in hours of practice at Nathan's home in Wretham, near Thetford.
But his mother, Sarah Coates, spoke of her sadness after three mini bikes and a quad bike were taken from their garage in Hockham Road.
Offenders smashed a lock to take more than �3,000 worth of bikes sometime between Monday and Friday .
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Coates said the two boys were “heartbroken” and could not understand why someone would steal their beloved bikes.
“They are absolutely devastated. This is their hobby to get outside and enjoy the outdoor life. They loved the bikes to bits. They were just getting used to them and were getting ready to race them,” she said.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 5 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 6 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 7 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 8 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
Thieves took two “pull-start” mini motos, which were red and yellow, a larger blue Demon motocross bike and a black Ultimate quad, which was a Christmas present last year.