Thetford boys 'devasted' after bikes stolen
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left 'devastated' after their motocross bikes were stolen.
TWO seven-year-old boys have been left “devastated” after their motocross bikes were stolen.
Nathan Coates and his cousin Taylor Gost were gearing up to enter junior motocross racing championships after putting in hours of practice at Nathan's home in Wretham, near Thetford.
But his mother, Sarah Coates, spoke of her sadness after three mini bikes and a quad bike were taken from their garage in Hockham Road.
Offenders smashed a lock to take more than �3,000 worth of bikes sometime between Monday and Friday .
You may also want to watch:
Mrs Coates said the two boys were “heartbroken” and could not understand why someone would steal their beloved bikes.
“They are absolutely devastated. This is their hobby to get outside and enjoy the outdoor life. They loved the bikes to bits. They were just getting used to them and were getting ready to race them,” she said.
- 1 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 4 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 5 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 6 Elizabeth Truss and Dominic Raab to share access to mansion after PM ruling
- 7 'Like a little Hitler' - Fury as row breaks out at council meeting
- 8 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 9 Do you remember when Tornado's rumble caused village uproar?
- 10 Man wanted for Thetford assault found dead after 10-month disappearance
Thieves took two “pull-start” mini motos, which were red and yellow, a larger blue Demon motocross bike and a black Ultimate quad, which was a Christmas present last year.