Thetford-based theatre company touring play about real-life couple
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford-based theatre company are currently touring a performance about the true story of a Henry Cable and Susanna Homes.
Wellmade Theatre Company will next perform the The Amazing Story of Cable & Holmes - an 18th century adventure love story - in Hoxne and Loddon before ending in Thetford.
The audience can learn Henry and Susanna, who were convicted at Thetford Assizes, and then gaoled at Norwich Castle. The pair managed to form a love affair, have a child in prison, and became the most successful transport prisoners to land in Australia.
On Saturday, September 9 it will be performed at Hoxne Village Hall followed by Loddon Village Hall on Friday, September 15.
The last show will take place on Saturday, September 16 at Thetford’s Guildhall.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets are £9 and are available to buy here
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Brandon bungalow blaze thought to be started by faulty boiler
- 3 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 4 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 5 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 6 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 7 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 8 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 9 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 10 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital