Thetford-based theatre company touring play about real-life couple
- Credit: Archant
A Thetford-based theatre company are currently touring a performance about the true story of a Henry Cable and Susanna Homes.
Wellmade Theatre Company will next perform the The Amazing Story of Cable & Holmes - an 18th century adventure love story - in Hoxne and Loddon before ending in Thetford.
The audience can learn Henry and Susanna, who were convicted at Thetford Assizes, and then gaoled at Norwich Castle. The pair managed to form a love affair, have a child in prison, and became the most successful transport prisoners to land in Australia.
On Saturday, September 9 it will be performed at Hoxne Village Hall followed by Loddon Village Hall on Friday, September 15.
The last show will take place on Saturday, September 16 at Thetford’s Guildhall.
You may also want to watch:
Doors open at 7pm for a 7.30pm start.
Tickets are £9 and are available to buy here
- 1 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 2 'We don't want to close': Farm shop makes plea for support during lockdown
- 3 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 4 Concern people are letting their guards down after getting Covid-19 jabs
- 5 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 6 Motoring giant pledges more than 600 brand new laptops to appeal
- 7 Investigation launched into catastrophic Christmas floods
- 8 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 9 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 10 Landowners under pressure to stop repeat of floods