Thetford social enterprise donates plants to Norwich-based charity BUILD following theft
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise in Thetford has offered a helping hand to a charity which suffered a theft.
Norwich-based BUILD provides leisure and learning opportunities for adults and young people with sensory, physical and learning disabilities.
The charity’s garden is an important feature but was vandalised and had a number of plants stolen.
News spread of the incident and The Horticulture Industry Scheme (THIS), based at the Charles Burrell Centre, decided to donated a number of plants.
THIS helps ex-offenders find employment opportunities by teaching them transferable skills through gardening.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Keatley, of THIS, said: “It is important to us that community organisations help each other and that we share resources when we can. We were very upset to hear about the distress suffered by the users of the BUILD Charity and were glad to help.”
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 3 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 10 From infighting to foreign secretary - Elizabeth Truss' rise to success