Thetford social enterprise donates plants to Norwich-based charity BUILD following theft
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise in Thetford has offered a helping hand to a charity which suffered a theft.
Norwich-based BUILD provides leisure and learning opportunities for adults and young people with sensory, physical and learning disabilities.
The charity’s garden is an important feature but was vandalised and had a number of plants stolen.
News spread of the incident and The Horticulture Industry Scheme (THIS), based at the Charles Burrell Centre, decided to donated a number of plants.
THIS helps ex-offenders find employment opportunities by teaching them transferable skills through gardening.
Georgina Keatley, of THIS, said: “It is important to us that community organisations help each other and that we share resources when we can. We were very upset to hear about the distress suffered by the users of the BUILD Charity and were glad to help.”
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 3 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 4 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 5 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 6 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 7 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 8 'We must learn to live with Covid' says health secretary on Plan B's end
- 9 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 10 'Dishonest to the core' burglar jailed for four years