Thetford social enterprise donates plants to Norwich-based charity BUILD following theft
- Credit: Archant
A social enterprise in Thetford has offered a helping hand to a charity which suffered a theft.
Norwich-based BUILD provides leisure and learning opportunities for adults and young people with sensory, physical and learning disabilities.
The charity’s garden is an important feature but was vandalised and had a number of plants stolen.
News spread of the incident and The Horticulture Industry Scheme (THIS), based at the Charles Burrell Centre, decided to donated a number of plants.
THIS helps ex-offenders find employment opportunities by teaching them transferable skills through gardening.
You may also want to watch:
Georgina Keatley, of THIS, said: “It is important to us that community organisations help each other and that we share resources when we can. We were very upset to hear about the distress suffered by the users of the BUILD Charity and were glad to help.”
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 3 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 4 Coronation Street star's surprise message to Norfolk care team
- 5 Norfolk attractions enjoy 'amazing' Saturday as visitors flood back
- 6 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 7 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
- 8 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 9 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 10 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered