Snow provides beautiful backdrop for a winter’s day
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful blanket of snow covered the region overnight and gave amateur photographers the chance to make the most of the white stuff.
Temperatures dropped to below zero overnight with around 1cm of snow falling across Thetford and Brandon and the surrounding areas.
People in Feltwell, Mundford, and Stanton all took the chance to get their cameras out and take some beautiful pictures.
Almost all the region was hit by the weather and freezing temperatures made the roads and pavements slippery despite the best efforts of Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils’ gritters.
Thanks to bright sunshine and a warmer day, much of the snow had melted by midday in built up areas.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time this year that the region had been hit by more wintery weather but the amount of snow which fell did not meet the fears of a repeat of last year’s Beast from the East.
- 1 Driver escapes serious injury after 4x4 flips onto roof
- 2 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
- 3 'Fantastic' students donate funds from cancelled prom to children's hospice
- 4 Everything we know so far about Covid vaccinations in Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Norfolk's first mass Covid vaccination centre to open in food court
- 6 Drug-dealers caught in undercover police sting
- 7 Is your surname on this list? You could inherit a fortune
- 8 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 9 Dog walker given £5,000 reward after finding stolen machinery
- 10 Grab your binoculars to see the Moon, Mars and Uranus together