Snow provides beautiful backdrop for a winter’s day
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful blanket of snow covered the region overnight and gave amateur photographers the chance to make the most of the white stuff.
Temperatures dropped to below zero overnight with around 1cm of snow falling across Thetford and Brandon and the surrounding areas.
People in Feltwell, Mundford, and Stanton all took the chance to get their cameras out and take some beautiful pictures.
Almost all the region was hit by the weather and freezing temperatures made the roads and pavements slippery despite the best efforts of Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils’ gritters.
Thanks to bright sunshine and a warmer day, much of the snow had melted by midday in built up areas.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time this year that the region had been hit by more wintery weather but the amount of snow which fell did not meet the fears of a repeat of last year’s Beast from the East.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 5 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 6 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 7 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 8 'We know who they are' - two thieves raid church foodbank
- 9 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
- 10 Person hit by train between Norwich and Stansted