Snow provides beautiful backdrop for a winter’s day
- Credit: Archant
A beautiful blanket of snow covered the region overnight and gave amateur photographers the chance to make the most of the white stuff.
Temperatures dropped to below zero overnight with around 1cm of snow falling across Thetford and Brandon and the surrounding areas.
People in Feltwell, Mundford, and Stanton all took the chance to get their cameras out and take some beautiful pictures.
Almost all the region was hit by the weather and freezing temperatures made the roads and pavements slippery despite the best efforts of Norfolk and Suffolk County Councils’ gritters.
Thanks to bright sunshine and a warmer day, much of the snow had melted by midday in built up areas.
You may also want to watch:
It was the first time this year that the region had been hit by more wintery weather but the amount of snow which fell did not meet the fears of a repeat of last year’s Beast from the East.
- 1 What is the fuel situation looking like in Thetford?
- 2 Harley-Davidson motorcyclist dies in A134 crash
- 3 How 'inadequate' school is making strides towards 'bright future'
- 4 Van overturns while trying to enter A11 petrol station
- 5 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 6 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 7 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 8 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 9 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 10 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told