Thetford air cadets welcome visit from RAF Honington station commander
- Credit: Archant
A Norfolk air cadet squadron welcomed the station commander of RAF Honington on a visit to their headquarters.
Group Captain David Tait accompanied by Station Warrent Officer Sonya Derbyshire visited 1109 Thetford Squadron, based at RAF Barnham, for the first time since taking his post as station commander in 2016.
He spoke to cadets, including a new intake of recruits, about his career in the RAF and how his decision to join the military was influenced by his time within the Air Training Corps.
Officer Commanding 1109 Squadron Flight Lieutenant Samuel Chapman-Allen said: “It was great for the Station Commander to come and spend the evening with the cadets and forge the close links between us and RAF Honington.
“With the Station Commander being an ex air cadet he reinforced to all what a very important role Corps played in his upbringing and career choice.”
You may also want to watch:
Group Captain Tait presented a number of awards during his visit which included Level 1 BTEC Certificates in team work and personal skills to 10 cadets, a Level 2 BTEC Diploma in team work and personal development as well as Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Blues for representations in football and swimming.
The final presentation was a promotion to Flight Sergeant ATC for Matthew Drewry.
- 1 Brandon man handed three-year restraining order by judge
- 2 Warning over cold callers offering 'free' loft insulation
- 3 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 4 Police continue probe into murder of woman at country park
- 5 Norfolk County Council elections 2021: Who is standing in Breckland?
- 6 Norfolk has no Covid patients in critical care for first time in six months
- 7 12 villages set to receive some of UK's fastest ever broadband
- 8 Extra police as pub gardens opening could coincide with Canaries promotion
- 9 Woman, 73, convicted of forging second deceased partner's will
- 10 Corrie McKeague inquest will not probe police investigation
It represented his work at 1109 Squadron and at a Norfolk and Suffolk Wing level, notably in sports.
Flight Sergeant was also appointed to Deputy Wing Sports Officer for Norfolk and Suffolk Wing.