Thetford Academy leavers celebrate with glitzy prom at Lynford Hall
- Credit: Archant
Thetford Academy students have marked the end of the year in style with a glamorous prom at Lynford Hall.
Around 140 year 11 students enjoyed the Las Vegas themed night, which featured a casino and photo booth among the attractions.
The theme continued through to the prom cake, made up of nine tiers of cupcakes each decorated with a casino chip.
James Trayton and Charlie Rayner were named prom king and queen, with Jacob Dean and Jessica Howell as prince and princess.
There were also prizes for best arrival, best hair, best dressed, and best dancer.
Academy vice principal Chanel Oswick said the night, held on July 16, was a great end to the year.
“The students have worked extremely hard throughout the year and it was a fantastic evening seeing them in their best attire.
- 1 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 2 Busy road near RAF Lakenheath reopens after five-vehicle crash
- 3 Man accused of playing naked wrestling game with schoolgirl likely to be jailed
- 4 Boris Johnson tells people to work from home as covid 'Plan B' confirmed
- 5 Body found in woods near Mildenhall
- 6 Final phase of consultation begins over future of Thetford estate
- 7 Bereaved families' anger at No 10 staff video joking over Christmas party
- 8 People to get booster jabs sooner - but not at walk-in centres
- 9 Bin collectors could strike over long-running pay dispute
- 10 Downing Street party video: Boris Johnson apologises but denies allegations
“The staff during the evening praised the students and said they felt proud to have worked with students that demonstrated such camaraderie, hard work and dedication and were privileged to have been a part of their journey through the Academy.”
Are you holding an end of school event we should know about? Email email@example.com