Man arrested following ‘creeper’ burglaries
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man has been arrested on suspicion of burglary after a series of “creeper” thefts.
The 36-year-old, from Thetford, was arrested on Friday, January 3 on 14 counts of burglary and supplying controlled drugs.
It follows a police appeal for families to be vigilant after 11 homes were broken into with laptops, cash, alcohol, phones and iPads taken.
The burglaries took place throughout December on the Abbey Estate including Ely Way, Canterbury Way, King Street, Coventry Way, Fairfields, Winchester Way, Salisbury Way, Guildford Way and Durham Way.
It is believed that suspects took advantage of unlocked doors and open windows with police urging the community to get into the habit of checking their home is secure before going to bed.
You may also want to watch:
Other tips include security marking property such as laptops which makes them harder to be sold on, call police if you witness anyone acting out of character or if you are out give the impression someone is home by using lights timers or leave a radio on.
- 1 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 2 Death of woman at country park being treated as 'isolated incident'
- 3 Seven months in prison for burglar who stole cash from church cafe
- 4 Woman cut from car after crash on A11
- 5 'We're lost without him' - Family's tribute to teen hit-and-run cyclist
- 6 Councillor accused of spreading 'damaging disinformation' on facemasks
- 7 Burger and Italian restaurant set to open at town's riverside complex
- 8 Investigation launched after swan killed by illegal fishing net
- 9 Grade II-listed pub could be turned into six flats
- 10 Three people - including two teens - injured in shotgun attack