Thetford set to host Norfolk Day 10k run
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Runners are set to put their Parkrun on the Norfolk Day map as it hosts a special run for the event’s second year.
On Sunday, July 28, Thetford is set to host the Iceni 10k run starting at the Guildhall at 9.30am with a route around the town before finishing back at the hall.
Organisers have apologised that the run cannot be held on Norfolk Day, Saturday, July 27, as it would clash with the current Thetford Parkrun.
But during the following day’s run special Norfolk Day 10k medals are being created with the county crest on it as well as T-shirts.
Entries are reminded that the 10k can be completed by walking, running or even crawling.
Last year thousands of people across the county enjoyed more than 300 community events, threw parties, hosted get-togethers and took the opportunity to celebrate what a wonderful place Norfolk is.
- 1 Face masks to be compulsory in shops and public transport, PM announces
- 2 Train delays as lorry hits railway bridge
- 3 Crowdfunder for terminally ill mum to fulfil dream of marrying partner
- 4 Police search for owner of puppy lost near Mildenhall
- 5 Final consultation to be undertaken on future of Thetford Market Place
- 6 'She was the glue' - Family's loving tribute to devoted mum Netty
- 7 Concerns raised over plans for holiday cabins at equestrian centre
- 8 Rare chance to rent a 16th century farmhouse overlooking a Norfolk estate
- 9 Motorbike and car crash on A134 near Norfolk village
- 10 Five-year-old child struck by car in Brandon discharged from hospital