Thetford set to host Norfolk Day 10k run
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2019
Runners are set to put their Parkrun on the Norfolk Day map as it hosts a special run for the event’s second year.
On Sunday, July 28, Thetford is set to host the Iceni 10k run starting at the Guildhall at 9.30am with a route around the town before finishing back at the hall.
Organisers have apologised that the run cannot be held on Norfolk Day, Saturday, July 27, as it would clash with the current Thetford Parkrun.
But during the following day’s run special Norfolk Day 10k medals are being created with the county crest on it as well as T-shirts.
Entries are reminded that the 10k can be completed by walking, running or even crawling.
You may also want to watch:
Last year thousands of people across the county enjoyed more than 300 community events, threw parties, hosted get-togethers and took the opportunity to celebrate what a wonderful place Norfolk is.
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in Thetford
- 2 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 3 Town's county councillors vow to tackle neglected underpasses
- 4 Masked burglar hit victim with fake gun and threatened to shoot family dog
- 5 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 6 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Drug-driver's pickup cannoned off-duty detective's car into oncoming traffic
- 9 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 10 Tributes flood in for Dad's Army superfan and family man Neville