Town’s young runner raises nearly £1000 for NHS during lockdown
- Credit: Fliss Brewer
A “determined” youngster has raised nearly £1000 after setting herself the challenge to run a mile around her garden every day during lockdown, in a bid to raise money for the NHS.
Fliss Brewer, 38, mother to ten-year-old Harriet Brewer, from Thetford, has said how proud she is of her daughter who has been getting up at 6.45am every morning to run a mile around their garden.
Harriet, a member at Thetford Athletics Club, said it was her grandma, a nurse for the NHS, who inspired her to raise money for frontline workers.
Now the daughter of Thetford Grammar School’s headteacher, Michael Brewer, has ran more than 30 miles and says she won’t stop until she goes back to school once lockdown is over.
Harriet said: “My Grandma is a nurse for the NHS, and I am incredibly proud of all she is doing.
You may also want to watch:
“And it’s nice knowing you’re helping someone.”
Mrs Brewer added: “Harriet is up to 31 miles and £936 and her target now is to get to £1000
- 1 Covid rates continue to fall across Norfolk, especially in Norwich
- 2 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
- 3 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 4 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 5 5 virtual games to play with family and friends over Zoom
- 6 Discount hobby shop The Works 'could run out of money'
- 7 Driver had drugs and £300 cash after being stopped on A11
- 8 Number of coronavirus deaths passes 1,000 at Norfolk's hospitals
- 9 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 10 Plans submitted for Center Parcs-inspired retirement village
“She is so dedicated to it and determined to help. We are incredibly proud of her.”
To donate visit Harriet’s Justgiving page here, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/harriet-brewer1