Town’s young runner raises nearly £1000 for NHS during lockdown
- Credit: Fliss Brewer
A “determined” youngster has raised nearly £1000 after setting herself the challenge to run a mile around her garden every day during lockdown, in a bid to raise money for the NHS.
Fliss Brewer, 38, mother to ten-year-old Harriet Brewer, from Thetford, has said how proud she is of her daughter who has been getting up at 6.45am every morning to run a mile around their garden.
Harriet, a member at Thetford Athletics Club, said it was her grandma, a nurse for the NHS, who inspired her to raise money for frontline workers.
Now the daughter of Thetford Grammar School’s headteacher, Michael Brewer, has ran more than 30 miles and says she won’t stop until she goes back to school once lockdown is over.
Harriet said: “My Grandma is a nurse for the NHS, and I am incredibly proud of all she is doing.
“And it’s nice knowing you’re helping someone.”
Mrs Brewer added: “Harriet is up to 31 miles and £936 and her target now is to get to £1000
- 1 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 2 Heaven & Hell: David Whiteley and Amelia Reynolds
- 3 Can you answer these 10 GCSE questions designed for 16-year-olds?
- 4 Man charged after robbing bookmakers with a knife in Suffolk town
- 5 Man caught drink driving over three times the legal limit in Suffolk town
- 6 Two Norfolk spots named among best places in Britain for a weekend break
- 7 Former military man appointed as council's new chairman
- 8 Iceland offers over 60s discount on shopping bill every week
- 9 'Blood rain' could fall this week as thunderstorms move in
- 10 Power tools stolen after van broken into
“She is so dedicated to it and determined to help. We are incredibly proud of her.”
To donate visit Harriet’s Justgiving page here, https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/harriet-brewer1