Theford Race for Life organisers put out call for participants
- Credit: Archant
Anyone whose life has been touched by cancer and those with a passion for fundraising are being asked to put on their trainers and help support a growing charity event.
Organisers have issued a 'call to arms' to men and women from across the Thetford area to sign up to this year's Cancer Research UK Race for Life.
Taking place on September 4, at Abbey Meadows, the fun event will see runners and walkers take on 5km for charity.
The event usually sees a colourful turn out, with a warm up from Thetford fitness queen, Zumba Lou.
Recent years have seen thousands of pounds raised in the battle against cancer.
You may also want to watch:
Mark Robinson, organiser, said: 'We are so excited to bring our event back for the fourth year.
'Its a chance for local people to experience the fun and excitement of the event.
- 1 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 2 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 3 Parts of Norfolk at risk of heavy downpours
- 4 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 5 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 6 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 7 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 'A kick in the teeth' - Sainsbury's staff angry at Boxing Day 'gift'
- 10 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
'We want this year's Race for Life to be our biggest and best yet, so we are calling on Thetfordians of all ages, shapes and sizes to sign up and join the charge.
'It's time for Thetford to show cancer who is boss.'
Mr Robinson added: 'Taking part is a moving and inspirational event and we're calling now for people to join the fight and meet us at the starting line.
'We know the tremendous community spirit here and we know that people are ready take on the challenge and help beat cancer sooner.'
To enter Race for Life Thetford visit www.active.com/thetford/races/thetford-beating-cancer-2016 or call Mark on 07864 882768.
You can also go to the Thetford Beating Cancer Facebook page for more information and updates on the event.
Are you holding a charity event? Let us know by emailing Times editor Andrew Fitchett via email@example.com
You can also call our Thetford office on 01842 752510.