The Thomas Paine Hotel manager hands over cheque to EACH
- Credit: Archant
A hotel manager has handed over a cheque for more than £1,000 to a children’s charity.
Gez Chetal hosted a fundraising charity dinner at The Thomas Paine Hotel, in Thetford, to raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The charity event, which raised a total of £1,021, was hosted by comedian Tony Roscoe and saw appearances by former Norwich City player Robert Fleck, the Canaries’ fourth highest goal scorer, and former Luton Town and Coventry City player Kirk Stephens.
Mr Chetal said: “Our charity dinner was a fantastic success and was supported by two ex-legend footballers, Kirk Stephens and Robert Fleck.
“It was a pleasure to hand over the cheque to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
You may also want to watch:
“So far this year we have raised £1628.00 and our next charity dinner will be announced soon.”
Over the past four years the hotel has raises more than £4,000 for charity.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 3 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in