The Thomas Paine Hotel manager hands over cheque to EACH
- Credit: Archant
A hotel manager has handed over a cheque for more than £1,000 to a children’s charity.
Gez Chetal hosted a fundraising charity dinner at The Thomas Paine Hotel, in Thetford, to raise money for East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
The charity event, which raised a total of £1,021, was hosted by comedian Tony Roscoe and saw appearances by former Norwich City player Robert Fleck, the Canaries’ fourth highest goal scorer, and former Luton Town and Coventry City player Kirk Stephens.
Mr Chetal said: “Our charity dinner was a fantastic success and was supported by two ex-legend footballers, Kirk Stephens and Robert Fleck.
“It was a pleasure to hand over the cheque to East Anglia’s Children’s Hospices.
You may also want to watch:
“So far this year we have raised £1628.00 and our next charity dinner will be announced soon.”
Over the past four years the hotel has raises more than £4,000 for charity.
- 1 Wanted man identified after Thetford shop burglary
- 2 Father and son admit handling stolen power tools
- 3 Bryan Cranston to Meghan Markle - how USO show brings stars to our region
- 4 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 5 Work starts on new £4.2m housing project in Norfolk village
- 6 Night out safety advice issued after drink-spiking reports in Norfolk
- 7 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 8 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence