Restaurant nominated for coveted title at English Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A curry house in Mildenhall has received a nomination for this year’s English Curry Awards.
The Spice Lounge will go up against restaurants from across the country for the coveted title of Most Wanted Restaurant of the Year.
Jay Ali, Spice Lounge general manager, said: “It’s a great feeling to be recognised at the industry awards by our customers, putting Mildenhall on the national stage.
“This our third year running at the curry awards and this nomination is on a higher level because it’s for the restaurant, it’s not just about the food, it’s about the service, the team, the whole thing.”
The Spice Lounge has already won accolades from the English Curry Awards, winning Service of the Year East last year and Chef of the Year South in 2016, with cook Anfar Ali.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will be held in Dudley, near Wolverhampton, on September 17.
- 1 'Shocking destruction' - fury over removal of trees at walking spot
- 2 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: County council election results
- 3 'Vital' washing and cooking facilities to help homeless opens in town
- 4 Norfolk and Suffolk election 2021: No change in Breckland
- 5 Emotional great grandma meets nine-month-old twins for first time
- 6 Before the blaze: Elveden Forest Center Parcs in its early years
- 7 6 things to do as temperatures set to rise to 21C
- 8 Five rare birds that have been spotted in Norfolk
- 9 Norfolk and Suffolk Elections 2021: LIVE Results
- 10 Town planning for future of theatre and swimming pool at historic convent