Restaurant nominated for coveted title at English Curry Awards
- Credit: Archant
A curry house in Mildenhall has received a nomination for this year’s English Curry Awards.
The Spice Lounge will go up against restaurants from across the country for the coveted title of Most Wanted Restaurant of the Year.
Jay Ali, Spice Lounge general manager, said: “It’s a great feeling to be recognised at the industry awards by our customers, putting Mildenhall on the national stage.
“This our third year running at the curry awards and this nomination is on a higher level because it’s for the restaurant, it’s not just about the food, it’s about the service, the team, the whole thing.”
The Spice Lounge has already won accolades from the English Curry Awards, winning Service of the Year East last year and Chef of the Year South in 2016, with cook Anfar Ali.
You may also want to watch:
The ceremony will be held in Dudley, near Wolverhampton, on September 17.
- 1 Thetford man charged with abduction of 17-year-old girl
- 2 'Ugly' Norfolk pub fight was sparked by act of revenge, court hears
- 3 Drivers delayed following accident in Brandon
- 4 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 5 Island park to be named in honour of town's Sikh links
- 6 Sugar beet price shoots up - but not all Suffolk farmers are won over
- 7 Police appeal for dashcam footage after man died on A11
- 8 Neil, 85, touches hearts after taking part in memory walk for residents
- 9 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base