New pub licensees celebrate a year behind the bar
- Credit: Archant
Landlords are celebrating after spending a year behind the bar.
The New Inn, in Hockwold cum Wilton, near Thetford, saw new licensees Patricia and Jeff Fry celebrate their first anniversary with a party for those who have supported the team with an evening of live music from local artist Mr E.
The pub first opened in 1768 and the pair have been busy in their first year revamping the pub garden in time for summer afternoons.
Ms Fry said: “We’re always working hard to offer great food, drink and events at the pub, and we’ve seen great success through our efforts. I look forward to toasting our success with a glass of bubbly.”
Business development manager at Admiral Taverns, Jean-Paul Russek, said: “Patricia and Jeff have done a phenomenal job since taking over the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“The team deserved to pop open the champagne and celebrate their progress.”
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park