New pub licensees celebrate a year behind the bar
- Credit: Archant
Landlords are celebrating after spending a year behind the bar.
The New Inn, in Hockwold cum Wilton, near Thetford, saw new licensees Patricia and Jeff Fry celebrate their first anniversary with a party for those who have supported the team with an evening of live music from local artist Mr E.
The pub first opened in 1768 and the pair have been busy in their first year revamping the pub garden in time for summer afternoons.
Ms Fry said: “We’re always working hard to offer great food, drink and events at the pub, and we’ve seen great success through our efforts. I look forward to toasting our success with a glass of bubbly.”
Business development manager at Admiral Taverns, Jean-Paul Russek, said: “Patricia and Jeff have done a phenomenal job since taking over the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“The team deserved to pop open the champagne and celebrate their progress.”
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 7 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village