New pub licensees celebrate a year behind the bar
- Credit: Archant
Landlords are celebrating after spending a year behind the bar.
The New Inn, in Hockwold cum Wilton, near Thetford, saw new licensees Patricia and Jeff Fry celebrate their first anniversary with a party for those who have supported the team with an evening of live music from local artist Mr E.
The pub first opened in 1768 and the pair have been busy in their first year revamping the pub garden in time for summer afternoons.
Ms Fry said: “We’re always working hard to offer great food, drink and events at the pub, and we’ve seen great success through our efforts. I look forward to toasting our success with a glass of bubbly.”
Business development manager at Admiral Taverns, Jean-Paul Russek, said: “Patricia and Jeff have done a phenomenal job since taking over the pub.
You may also want to watch:
“The team deserved to pop open the champagne and celebrate their progress.”
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 5 Tree falls on rail line as winds up to 69mph hit Norfolk
- 6 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 7 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 8 Police amazed no one hurt after tree falls on Fiat 500
- 9 Ten high intensity exercises to 'start your day right'
- 10 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters