The Fox Inn, Garboldisham, unveils new sign
- Credit: Archant
A new sign has been unveiled at a community pub which continues to make progress.
The Fox Inn at Garboldisham, near Diss, had stood empty for nine years before it was saved by the community last October.
Although renovation works are still taking place, the pub is thriving.
The latest addition is a new hanging sign stood at the front of the Grade-II listed building.
It is based on one of the old Morgans signs which had hung outside the pub many years ago and shows a fox in the snow.
You may also want to watch:
As the original image was too small Lynne Smith, who is part of the Garboldisham Fox Community Interest Company, had to draw the design which was then mounted by Dissigns of Stuston.
Breckland Council leader William Nunn unveiled the sign on October 28.
- 1 Father-of-five in court accused of murdering wife after body found in country park pond
- 2 Under-50s to be called for vaccines as Moderna jab arrives in England
- 3 Four schools set to expand due to new housing developments
- 4 Man charged with spate of burglaries and thefts in Norfolk and Suffolk
- 5 46-year-old man charged with woman's murder
- 6 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 7 Charity's emergency appeal after losing £2.1m in pandemic
- 8 Bosses at hospital criticised for whistleblower 'witch-hunt' step down
- 9 Election 2021: Candidates confirmed for six West Suffolk Council by-elections
- 10 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
Peter Smith director of the community group said: “We are pleased to play homage to these traditional signs albeit with a more up to date twist. “It’s starting to look like a more traditional pub now and it was also appropriate that William Nunn should officiate in hanging the sign as we have had lots of support from Breckland Council.”
Aluminium lettering with the pub’s name has also been added to the building - Lacons Brewery helped with financial support.
And a third sign will be added, and old Adnams one which has been restored by Dissigns, when a lime render coat has been completed on the building.