Tesco Brandon customers donate 23 trays worth of items for foodbanks
- Credit: Archant
Customers who donated items during a supermarket’s collection have helped two foodbanks.
Tesco in Brandon held their second Foodbank Local event where customers were encouraged to donate items.
All together 23 trays of food were collected.
The food was split between the Lakenheath Food Bank and The Harvest Centre Food Bank in Weeting.
Some customers gave their spare change and Tesco also donated a £20 gift vouch to each food bank to help towards fresh goods.
You may also want to watch:
Lianne Spooner, the supermarket’s community champion, said: “Our community really came together, their generosity was overwhelming.
“It really makes me proud of our community spirit.”
- 1 Noise disruption possible as low-flying RAF jets simulate training
- 2 Body discovered in Thetford Forest Park
- 3 International designer asked to create ambitious vision for Thetford
- 4 Two men due in court over rave at Thetford Forest
- 5 Missing 84-year-old man found safe and well
- 6 Tips for families with Special Educational Needs children in lockdown
- 7 Norfolk woman fined after travelling 200 miles to visit daughter
- 8 Waits for second Covid jabs on target in our region
- 9 Ice warning after freezing temperatures overnight
- 10 People 'losing patience' with neighbours who flout Covid rules, police say
On Saturday, July 29 Tesco Brandon will hold their fourth Family fun Day.
The event will be take place between 10am and 4pm on Brandon sports field. There will be stalls, games and entertainment.