School teams bring home trophies in Lego League challenge
- Credit: Archant
Two intrepid teams of competitors from a Suffolk school took on the challenge of the Lego League at The Forum in Norwich.
Pupils from Mildenhall College Academy took part in the competition which involves the teams presenting solutions to scientific problems, designing and building a robot, and discussing how they worked as a team and overcame problems.
Both teams from the school came away with a trophy, with one team awarded the trophy for Core Values and another winning Best Newcomer.
A spokesman for the school said: “For some of the students it was their fourth year competing, for others it was their first time competing.
“Both teams did incredibly well in all three of these tasks.”
The Lego League challenges children to think like scientists and engineers and solve real-world problems.
Do you have a story in Mildenhall? Email the details to email@example.com.
- 1 Music-loving dad whose ashes were fired into festival crowd took own life
- 2 Homes with dedicated support for rough sleepers to be built in Thetford
- 3 Jess Glynne cancels summer show in Thetford Forest
- 4 Pair deny dangerous driving on the A11 in Suffolk
- 5 Council leader refuses to condemn Downing Street parties
- 6 Rescued Mariah and Carey recovering after A11 crash
- 7 How are England's Covid restrictions changing after Plan B?
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 These are the dog breeds given up most at a Norfolk rehoming centre
- 10 Driver sustains neck injuries in two-vehicle crash near Thetford