Suspected arson attack at Brandon firm
Around 100 firefighters have been tackling a blaze at a Brandon plastics firm this morning.Crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, in Mile End, off London Road, at about 2am on Saturday.
An investigation is underway into a suspected arson attack after more than 50 firefighters tackled a major blaze at a Brandon plastics recycling firm on Saturday.
Fire crews from across west Suffolk and south west Norfolk were called to Chase Plastics, on the Brandon Industrial Park, off London Road, at about 2am.
The blaze involved tonnes of recycled plastic in an open yard, which destroyed an outbuilding and caused some damage to neighbouring properties.
The fire was contained by 5am, but firefighters were at the scene for the majority of Saturday to dampen down hot spots.
You may also want to watch:
Detectives are appealing for witnesses following the incident.
A spokesman for Suffolk Police said it appeared that suspects may have started a fire near to the perimeter fence at the rear of the premises, which then spread to the compound.
- 1 Training at RAF base given positive rating by Ofsted
- 2 Man due in court in connection with Norfolk stab attack
- 3 Sex abuse survivor hits out at attacker's sentence
- 4 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 5 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 6 WATCH: Norfolk troops train ahead of peacekeeping mission in Mali
- 7 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 10 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
The incident is being treated as arson and police are appealing for anyone who may have seen anything suspicious to call Forest Heath CID on 01473 613500 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.