Support scheme for young parents
Young parents in Thetford are set to get more support after a partnership between two charities.Keystone Development Trust and Homestart in Thetford have joined forces to encourage young mums and dads and their children to attend a weekly 'baby buddies' group.
Young parents in Thetford are set to get more support after a partnership between two charities.
Keystone Development Trust and Homestart in Thetford have joined forces to encourage young mums and dads and their children to attend a weekly 'baby buddies' group.
The sessions, which will take place every Tuesday, will allow parents to take a break, socialise and get advice whilst their children are supervised in the play room.
Organisers also hope to offer pampering treats for young mothers in the future with professional manicures, make-up and skincare workshops. There are also plans to set up a website and newsletter for parents in the area.
You may also want to watch:
The group is being managed by Sarah Lynam, Keystone's young parents project co-ordinator, whose post has been funded by the Camelot Foundation.
“It is really nice to be able to provide extra support and a place for young parents to go because they can often feel isolated and may not want to attend regular stay and play groups as they can often be attended by older parents.”
- 1 Thetford man wanted in connection with assault
- 2 Two 'cowardly bullies' sentenced for Christmas attack at Center Parcs
- 3 'Beers, big TVS and men's mental health': New barbershop to open in town
- 4 Teen to mark first ever flight - by jumping out of the plane for charity
- 5 New £39million hub officially opens to the public
- 6 Part of A11 closed due to crash involving motorbike
- 7 Norfolk nursery nominated for national award
- 8 Teen stabbed in Thetford
- 9 Hotel owner providing free lunches for those in need
- 10 A11 reopens after pigs escaped onto road
“The group aims to give young parents a welcoming place to come where there is information on hand about a range of topics and issues regarding their new roles, and create a network of friends in similar situations and introduce them to Homestart, while giving the young parents a choice to have time out whilst their children play,” she said.
The baby buddies group meets every Tuesday at the Homestart venue at 63 Vicarage Road, Thetford, between 12.30 and 2.30pm. For more information, call Sarah Lynam on 01842 821643.