Support scheme for young parents
Young parents in Thetford are set to get more support after a partnership between two charities.Keystone Development Trust and Homestart in Thetford have joined forces to encourage young mums and dads and their children to attend a weekly 'baby buddies' group.
Young parents in Thetford are set to get more support after a partnership between two charities.
Keystone Development Trust and Homestart in Thetford have joined forces to encourage young mums and dads and their children to attend a weekly 'baby buddies' group.
The sessions, which will take place every Tuesday, will allow parents to take a break, socialise and get advice whilst their children are supervised in the play room.
Organisers also hope to offer pampering treats for young mothers in the future with professional manicures, make-up and skincare workshops. There are also plans to set up a website and newsletter for parents in the area.
The group is being managed by Sarah Lynam, Keystone's young parents project co-ordinator, whose post has been funded by the Camelot Foundation.
“It is really nice to be able to provide extra support and a place for young parents to go because they can often feel isolated and may not want to attend regular stay and play groups as they can often be attended by older parents.”
- 1 Try roasties topped with pulled pork at town’s new street food business
- 2 Pair accused of dangerous driving on A11 set for court
- 3 First cases of monkeypox reported in Suffolk
- 4 Chase Star to perform at Thetford comedy club
- 5 Woman in her 50s who died in A11 crash named locally
- 6 Food review, Lime Kiln Kitchen: ‘A truly relaxing place for Sunday lunch’
- 7 New homes plan for former coal yard
- 8 Man charged with burglaries, dangerous driving and assault
- 9 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and two meteor showers
- 10 New Latin American restaurant opening at Center Parcs in Elveden
“The group aims to give young parents a welcoming place to come where there is information on hand about a range of topics and issues regarding their new roles, and create a network of friends in similar situations and introduce them to Homestart, while giving the young parents a choice to have time out whilst their children play,” she said.
The baby buddies group meets every Tuesday at the Homestart venue at 63 Vicarage Road, Thetford, between 12.30 and 2.30pm. For more information, call Sarah Lynam on 01842 821643.