RAF personnel deployed to assist government during pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The region’s RAF bases have been deployed to assist during the coronavirus crisis.
A number of personnel from RAF Honington have been deployed across the nation to help the government during the pandemic.
A spokesman said: “Our Force exists to deal, as much as anything, with crisis and therefore, we will offer calm and confident responses to requests for assistance to help the Nation get through this situation.
“There are a variety of RAF personnel assisting the government in multiple areas. Additional RAF personnel remain on standby and will respond quickly and effectively if required.
RAF Honington said it will continue to support military personnel and their families throughout the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “Our Personal Support and Social Work Service contract with SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity, continues to offer the specialist support that our people may require and has enacted a plan to ensure that this will continue during these unprecedented times.
“RAF Stations such as Honington are coming up with local solutions to help provide support, such as providing additional resources for families self-isolating.”
- 1 Man in critical condition after being stabbed in leg and stomach
- 2 Rush to save school proms from being axed
- 3 Amazing photos show storms over Norfolk – and there are more to come
- 4 Flowers and windmill stolen from baby's grave
- 5 Cat food brands recalled over link to fatal disease
- 6 Fly-tipper travelled from Welsh border to dump in Norfolk
- 7 WATCH: 'Selfish' drug-driver ploughs into police detective's vehicle
- 8 Coronavirus rates go up in every district across Norfolk
- 9 Care home creates mini golf course in its garden
- 10 Drugs most often seized by Norfolk police revealed