RAF personnel deployed to assist government during pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The region’s RAF bases have been deployed to assist during the coronavirus crisis.
A number of personnel from RAF Honington have been deployed across the nation to help the government during the pandemic.
A spokesman said: “Our Force exists to deal, as much as anything, with crisis and therefore, we will offer calm and confident responses to requests for assistance to help the Nation get through this situation.
“There are a variety of RAF personnel assisting the government in multiple areas. Additional RAF personnel remain on standby and will respond quickly and effectively if required.
RAF Honington said it will continue to support military personnel and their families throughout the pandemic.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman added: “Our Personal Support and Social Work Service contract with SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity, continues to offer the specialist support that our people may require and has enacted a plan to ensure that this will continue during these unprecedented times.
“RAF Stations such as Honington are coming up with local solutions to help provide support, such as providing additional resources for families self-isolating.”
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Community supermarket provides lifeline - and now more are to open
- 3 Man dumped rubbish at beauty spot after he 'forgot to put his bins out'
- 4 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 5 Thousands of rural homes to benefit from broadband funding
- 6 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 10 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show