RAF personnel deployed to assist government during pandemic
- Credit: Archant
The region’s RAF bases have been deployed to assist during the coronavirus crisis.
A number of personnel from RAF Honington have been deployed across the nation to help the government during the pandemic.
A spokesman said: “Our Force exists to deal, as much as anything, with crisis and therefore, we will offer calm and confident responses to requests for assistance to help the Nation get through this situation.
“There are a variety of RAF personnel assisting the government in multiple areas. Additional RAF personnel remain on standby and will respond quickly and effectively if required.
RAF Honington said it will continue to support military personnel and their families throughout the pandemic.
A spokesman added: “Our Personal Support and Social Work Service contract with SSAFA, the Armed Forces Charity, continues to offer the specialist support that our people may require and has enacted a plan to ensure that this will continue during these unprecedented times.
“RAF Stations such as Honington are coming up with local solutions to help provide support, such as providing additional resources for families self-isolating.”
- 1 Forest ride in memory of 'lively character' and popular mountain biker
- 2 Part of A134 closed after crash between lorry and car
- 3 Woman breaks down in tears as she denies making up sex assaults
- 4 Waitrose and Halfords recall items over health and safety concerns
- 5 Manchester City owner eyes Norfolk horse racing enterprise
- 6 Huge farm network is helping rare Brecks wildlife in field margins
- 7 Warning issued over fake Omicron variant test scam
- 8 New rules introduced today in bid to stop Omicron spread
- 9 Decision delayed on changes at South Norfolk equestrian centre
- 10 'Don’t try and book until the NHS says it is your turn' — PM on booster rollout