Thief fined for stealing from vehicles and carrying a knife
- Credit: Getty Images
A thief has been fined £90 and forced to wear an electronic tag for three months after stealing from three vehicles, carrying a knife and possessing class A drugs.
Steve Carnegie, 46, of Beavor Lane, Brandon, appeared at Ipswich Magistrates Court accused of a number of vehicle offences in Brandon.
He was charged with five counts of interference with a motor vehicle, three counts of theft from a vehicle, as well as one count of possession of a knife or sharp pointed article and one count of possession of class A drugs.
Carnegie was arrested by an off-duty police officer, in June last year, after he was spotted on a bicycle near to an unlocked vehicle which the officer suspected had been broken into.
After further enquiries police searched the area and the suspect was taken to Bury Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
You may also want to watch:
Carnegie was sentenced on February 18 at Ipswich Magistrates Court after pleading guilty.
He has to wear an electronic tag for three months under curfew and was fined £90. He must also comply with a rehabilitation activity for 30 days.
- 1 Family's tribute to 'gentle giant' killed in A134 crash
- 2 Two men arrested on suspicion of money laundering in Thetford
- 3 Gym becomes community hub with café and barber shop
- 4 Retired firefighter looks back at four-day Thetford factory blaze 30 years on
- 5 Four-car crash leaves pregnant woman in hospital
- 6 Cat left 'terrified' after being dumped next to road by driver
- 7 Pretty town centre terrace is for sale by auction - and it needs doing up!
- 8 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 9 21-year-old airlifted to hospital after car crashes into trees
- 10 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack