Driver in hospital after car collides with BP filling station shop
- Credit: Google
A driver was taken to hospital after their car collided with a shop on a filling station forecourt.
Police and paramedics were called to the BP filling station in London Road, Brandon, on Friday afternoon.
Firefighters from Thetford, Brandon and Mildenhall stations were also called to the scene.
It is thought a driver suffered a medical episode before the car collided with the shop.
A police spokesman said: "Suffolk police were contacted at 3.21pm today to attend the BP filling station on London Road in Brandon following a single vehicle collision where a car collided with a shop on the forecourt.
"Emergency services attended the scene and the driver of the vehicle has been taken to hospital by land ambulance for medical treatment.
"Police believe that the driver may have suffered a medical episode just prior to the collision."
- 1 Family's desperate plea to help find missing wartime medals
- 2 24,000 fish released into four East Anglian rivers to replenish stocks
- 3 Norfolk patients’ group welcomes choice of face-to-face GP consultations
- 4 Housing association promises action after indecent exposure incidents
- 5 'They thought I was crazy' - New owner's lockdown pub success
- 6 Village road to shut all day for essential work
- 7 Town's virtual business awards to give boost to owners
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 Norfolk lorry drivers clocked for nearly 200 traffic offences in three days
- 10 Ofsted praise for ‘inadequate’ Norfolk special school