Street drinking tops police agenda
- Credit: IAN BURT
The continued fight against street drinking and anti-social behaviour will top Thetford Police’s priorities after they were highlighted in a meeting with residents.
Inappropriate use of motorcycles on the Redcastle and Barnham Cross Estates is also to be targeted by officers after a meeting of the Safer Thetford Action Group (STAG) took place on Thursday at the town’s Guildhall.
The meeting saw the force set its three priorities for the coming months after discussions with residents.
Street drinking, cycling and youth anti-social behaviour in King Street topped the list.
Parking issues on Bury Road and HGV problems throughout the town will also be targeted.
You may also want to watch:
Finally, the inappropriate use of motorcycles was added to the list after residents raised concerns about a number of recent incidents.
Anyone unable to make the meeting is able to contact the safer neighbourhood team by calling 101.
- 1 Parts of Thetford hit by flooding due to heavy rain
- 2 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 3 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village
- 4 Man rescued from van after collision with tractor
- 5 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 6 'Slow down, save lives' - Police launch speed awareness campaign
- 7 Augmented reality Gruffalo trail launches in forest
- 8 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 9 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 10 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in