Girls Night Out event raises record-breaking £275,000 for St Nicholas Hospice Care
- Credit: Archant
A record-breaking £275,000 was raised for a hospice by those who took part in the annual Girls Night Out event.
Around 2,188 woman lit up the streets of Bury St Edmunds while wearing their pyjamas and flashing bunny ears in September last year.
The charity event raises money for St Nicholas Hospice Care, which provides care and support for those in west Suffolk and Thetford who have long-term and life-threatening illnesses.
“Every year I am truly shocked and humbled by the level of support Girls Night Out receives. Without our walkers, volunteers, supporters and sponsors the event would not have grown into the occasion it has.”
Girls Night Out will celebrate its 10th year on September 8.
You may also want to watch:
Registration opens on March 30. Walkers will be able to sign up at a discounted early price of £10 until May 31. With all entries after this date costing £15.
- 1 Thetford counts costs after 5cm of rain falls in 30 minutes
- 2 Stretch of A11 closed due to 'large amount' of tyre debris on road
- 3 Every Norfolk primary school rated as 'Outstanding'
- 4 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 5 Clean-up operation begins as town 'flooded completely' by heavy rain
- 6 Horse found with maggot-infested wounds wins rosette at equestrian show
- 7 Have your say over future of growing estate
- 8 Photos capture impressive storm clouds dominating Norfolk skyline
- 9 Family demands answers after 91-year-old dies weighing four stone
- 10 47 new homes planned for Suffolk village