Sporting success for two air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron
- Credit: Archant
Two teenage air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron have represented the central and east region at a rugby competition.
Cadet Sergeant Robbie Webb and Cadet Corporal Mauro Pereira travelled to RAF Cranwell, Lincolnshire, to team up with the Central and East Region Boys Rugby Team to participate in the RAF Air Cadets Corps competition.
The pair’s journey started in January at the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Sports Trials for which they were selected.
Their performances at the regional competition and trials resulted in regional representation.
Robbie, 16, said: “It was a great privilege to represent Central and East at rugby this year, the competition on the day was hard fought and the team done really well. I was proud to be a part of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Both cadets are now preparing for the Inter Squadron Athletics Championships on May 21 where they aim to continue their sporting success.
- 1 Former school to become homeless support hub in £1.7m revamp
- 2 Pub safety fears disrupt town museum reopening
- 3 Suffolk adhering to lockdown three restrictions as much as first lockdown, data shows
- 4 Flats could replace disused shop space in town centre
- 5 Wetherspoon pubs reveal reopening plan after 'zero' sales
- 6 Specialist exercises for 'less mobile' during lockdown
- 7 Why some over 70s get the Covid vaccine before over 80s
- 8 Care home residents get taste of skydiving and rollercoasters
- 9 Fifteen flood alerts in place amid 'stay indoors' warning
- 10 Norfolk yet to reach peak in latest wave of coronavirus deaths