Sporting success for two air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron
- Credit: Archant
Two teenage air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron have represented the central and east region at a rugby competition.
Cadet Sergeant Robbie Webb and Cadet Corporal Mauro Pereira travelled to RAF Cranwell, Lincolnshire, to team up with the Central and East Region Boys Rugby Team to participate in the RAF Air Cadets Corps competition.
The pair’s journey started in January at the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Sports Trials for which they were selected.
Their performances at the regional competition and trials resulted in regional representation.
Robbie, 16, said: “It was a great privilege to represent Central and East at rugby this year, the competition on the day was hard fought and the team done really well. I was proud to be a part of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Both cadets are now preparing for the Inter Squadron Athletics Championships on May 21 where they aim to continue their sporting success.
- 1 Road closed and two people taken to hospital following Lakenheath crash
- 2 Fighter jets from RAF Lakenheath to fly over London NFL games
- 3 The story of Mildenhall's workhouses uncovered after 100 years
- 4 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Norfolk
- 5 New community hub for Thetford after girl's terrifying attack
- 6 Community should have bigger say on development, says councillors
- 7 New phase of consultation over major estate revamp to begin
- 8 Norfolk Covid-19 case rates increase slightly, with 55 in hospital
- 9 GPS equipment stolen from five tractors in village
- 10 An A to Z of East Anglian cider