Sporting success for two air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron
- Credit: Archant
Two teenage air cadets from 1109 Thetford Squadron have represented the central and east region at a rugby competition.
Cadet Sergeant Robbie Webb and Cadet Corporal Mauro Pereira travelled to RAF Cranwell, Lincolnshire, to team up with the Central and East Region Boys Rugby Team to participate in the RAF Air Cadets Corps competition.
The pair’s journey started in January at the Norfolk and Suffolk Wing Sports Trials for which they were selected.
Their performances at the regional competition and trials resulted in regional representation.
Robbie, 16, said: “It was a great privilege to represent Central and East at rugby this year, the competition on the day was hard fought and the team done really well. I was proud to be a part of it.”
You may also want to watch:
Both cadets are now preparing for the Inter Squadron Athletics Championships on May 21 where they aim to continue their sporting success.
- 1 RAF base warns of increased Apache helicopter flying activity
- 2 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 3 Poultry company owner says food industry is at 'crisis point'
- 4 Where you are most likely to get your bike stolen in Norfolk
- 5 'It's killing me': Abuse victim moved into flat with asbestos and mould
- 6 Car crashes into central reservation on A11
- 7 Pet crematorium plans submitted but residents have air concerns
- 8 Thunderstorms and heavy rain warning for Norfolk
- 9 Police chief warns of 'inevitable' rise in certain crimes after pandemic
- 10 Abusive man grabbed wife by throat and banged her head on floor